HybridZ

Vipers

Phantom

The guys that drive them certainly have a high reguard for themselves - and probably rightfully so. I've never ridden in or driven a Viper - I don't fit real well. Tried to mess with one coming back from the car show yesterday. Just couldn't get him interested but did finally get his attention when I downshifted a couple gears and left him. Needed to get over a couple lanes quickly as my off-ramp was coming up.

Are you picking on the Vipers because everyone else is slow now? We really need to get Zack to the track and see what he can do.

Sorry I missed the car show, but it's safe to say you need sunglasses to walk in my garage now, especially at night. This should really come in handy when I get my baby back from paint jail and start reassembling her. I just hope my neighbors don't start thinking I'm growing drugs in my garage. 8)

How do you think the 2 different Viper drivers felt when I beat them at autox in my '93 Toy P/U? Granted, it was autox, but it's still a fun story...

You think that Viper is fast? Well, I've only raced two in my little 4 banger Toyota here, but I whipped 'em both! :D:D:D

Jon

Phantom,

Ok, excuses already. :roll: When are you going to put some real tires behind that beast, even if it is a street car. I hope I don't make you wish you had some DR's in my 17 sec blaZer :lol: BTW, I do want to run you in my blazer. If anything, just to make you look good. :P

All joking aside, I'm sure you break the 12's if you can keep your foot out of the hole shot. A good launch and it should be in the bag from what I've seen/felt.

PS, don't forget to double clutch :roll:

Did I mention that I am getting rid of my blazer, so it doesn't matter what I do to it aslong as it makes it home. Oh yeah, rent-a-car baby!

My best man rented a viper for me for my bachlor party. All I can say is wow, it's been eight years and I still remember it like yesterday...

You can rent a Viper!? :shock: How old do you have to be? Like 50 with a perfect driving record?

Guy

Several years ago, just after the Vipers came out, I was at a speedskating competition in Detroit. One of my friends that I competed against is an engineer for Chrysler and worked on that project. He had a Viper from Chryslers motorpool. After the skating was over, he asked me if I wanted to go for a ride. :D ...We were at the light to enter southbound I-75 at 14 mile road. We made the turn and my friend got on it. At the top of the ramp, we entered the freeway and trafic at 140 and proceeded to thread our way through three lanes of cars for several miles at this speed. Can you say white knuckles? :shock: I definately had to change my shorts after that one. :oops:

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA
You got to be over 25, a good driving record and have a cool $400.00 a day plus mileage...

I am pretty sure you can find them for less than that. You can even rent some exotics for less than that.