HybridZ

O-ring or Metal headgasket

Lockjaw

After 6 years of 15+ psi, my stock headgasket gave up the ghost this weekend. ( Its Jeff P's fault for selling me this turbo :wink: )

Anyway, I can o-ring the head and run a stock gasket with ARP headstuds, or, run a metal headgasket with ARP head studs.

Future plans call for a JWT dry NOS set-up, with pump and race gas programs, and I don't want to be taking this back apart.

So lets make this a poll, turbo guys, lets hear opinions.

Well I was thinking o-ring the head, but I think I like the idea of a 2mm metal HG with ARP studs.

I mean after all, I do want to go fast, and I hate breaking.

I don't know about hitting up Jeff, he has got to be broke after all that work he has been doing. :lol:

I was thinking about going with a 2mm headgasket to drop compression a little bit on my flattop L28. The only thing that worries me is the actual installation. It seems like it's going to be a PIA to get the cam sprocket back on with head being higher up with repect to the block. Any first hand experience?

I was thinking about going with a 2mm headgasket to drop compression a little bit on my flattop L28. The only thing that worries me is the actual installation. It seems like it's going to be a PIA to get the cam sprocket back on with head being higher up with repect to the block. Any first hand experience?

Yep, just pull the thing up, thread the bolt into the cam, and tighten, it should handle it no prob. :wink: