HybridZ

Got my LT1 in!!!

Fits like a dream. Stock balancer clears rockon.gif , no hood latch modification rockon.gif , and the stock exhaust manifolds clear rockon.gif (or appear to, i have not actually bolted them in yet). I should have some pictures tomarrow if my high school will let me barrow a digital camera. All I need now is a radiator, fuel pump, the AKM cable, and a few misc suspension stuff; then she's ready to roll.

Tim, I am modifying the wiring harness myself, with the help of some very extensive wiring diagrams from a Mithcell DVD Shop manual. I can email you copies if you like smile.gif both manifolds appeared to fit, but like I said I haven't bolted them up. As for the radiator I'm going with an aluminum Griffin. Is you '94 camaro an auto? I think that the extra two tubes are for the tranny cooler. Davy, my only rival will be a couple kids that are into fox body mustangs, one of which has a GT40 crate motor. Anyways pics should be in tomarrow.

K_C,

I am running a T56. There are several coolant tubes that come from the engine to the radiator.

One from the 'steam' tube from the back of the heads.(one is joined to the driver's side main coolant hose).

One from the throttlebody idle control valve (which I have heard that I can just cap off and not have hot coolant raising the temp of the air charge)

And one from the oil cooler (engine) which is a water to oil cooler that is sandwiched between the block and the oil filter. This one should be easy to reconfigure, esp. since I am not running a heater in the cab.

It's the steam lines that I am mostly concerned about.

BTW, I did pick up the hardcopy factory service manual from the dealership (2 very thick books), and have looked at the wiring diagrams, but they are not laid out in a very easy to follow manner.

Are yours just electronic versions of the FSM?

If not, I would really appreciate a copy?

Thanks,

Tim

Guest super280z

congrats on the LT1 score! im looking forward to seeing pics of that swap completedin a z. im still in the mix with mine but if i can help out any of you fellow hybriders i can program REV A & B of the 94 LT1 PCM's for you guys. drop me an e-mail and i'd be happy to do whatever i can. im not inclined to make any money off of this but i do have the tunercat software and it's not vin locked. happy rodding,

Guest Anonymous

Wiring?

Don't tell anyone I told you this weird.gif but here's what you need to know:

Wiring Diagrams

I used to have a bookmark to a site that told you the bare minimum stuff you needed to hook up to make the lt1 run but I cant find it. Sorry.

I used to have a bookmark to a site that told you the bare minimum stuff you needed to hook up to make the lt1 run but I cant find it. Sorry.

AWWWWWWW, PLEEEEEEEEZE try to find it, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZE hail.gif2thumbs.gifrockon.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Thanks,

Tim

I just put my LT1 in too. I found that the pass. side exh. manifold doesn't fit! Does yours?

I have a T56, but I don't think that makes much difference. Do you have a solution for your harness yet? Are you going to make it stand alone yourself, send it to someone to have it done, or buy the painless kit? What about all the water (coolant) plumbing. On my Camaro (94 LT1) engine, there was about 4 tubes going to the stock radiator. The radiator that I'm using only has the normal two.

Let me know if you get your manifolds to fit.

Thanks,

Tim

ROCK ON, KC!!!! 2thumbs.gif

Now you just have to hook everything up, and hopefully that will go as easily as everything else apparently has. I guess you can probably rest in the fact that you'll have the fastest car in school. I can't think of too many other cars that kids own that can beat an LT1 powered Z.

Good job! smile.gif

Davy

• 2 months later...
Guest Anonymous
Originally posted by FAIRLADY 327:

hey will an lt1 bolt up to a t10???

Yes it will, but you will need to make a provision for the clutch fork (if you're running mech linkage...the boss is probably there, I'll check, but its prob not drilled). Also, your 327 would be a two piece rear main block, so I think you'll need a custom flywheel (to mate your existing clutch setup to the newer block). I'd check with Centerforce on this, though...they offer flywheels for all types of swaps.

Actually, you mean the bellcrank or crossshaft AKA Z-bar. The fork goes in the bellhousing. You can keep hydraulic actuation by using a bellhousing from an 84-89 Corvette that had the 4+3 trans, or you can use your existing mechanical linkage bellhusing if that's what you've got. You will have to get a different flywheel however.

Kinked_Chrome you said that one of your classmates has a GT40 Cratemotor? As in the new GT40? The one that's not even in production yet? Somebodies dady must have a lot of money! Must be nice. How is he setting that up? In the new GT40 the engine is in the back with rearwheel drive. Is his engine supercharged???