HybridZ

Turbo off a cummings deisel on a Z

Guest chucklaw33

I've seen a quite a few ford guys and a few dodges guys running turbos off dodge pickups that cummins motors. They tend to swear by them and you can pick them up at scrap yards hear and there. Some come with a t3 flange and some have a t4 flange. Do some searches on the net and you'll come across them.

James Roraback

Damn, you guys are giving some bad ideas here. My dad has a diesel repair shop and has used turbos laying around everywhere, but they are not for the small Cummins! :-D

Also, lots of logging equipment, such as skidders and loaders, have small, powerful, turbocharged motors. I wonder how those turbos measure up.

Guest JAMIE T

DO IT!!!! '95+ cummins Dodge turbo trucks have awesome turbo's for gasoline powered small cube motors. HX35W from stick shift has split turbine. The HY35W(automatic) has standard T3 flange. The HY35 is actually better suited for our applications. Supposedly, these turbo's are good for OVER 500hp on gas powered vehicles. Oh, one more thing, these things REGULARLY boost to 40+psi. HOLSET builds high quality turbos.

Guest JAMIE T

Actually both of the turbo's I said have T3 flanges, except the HX35 model has divided tang flange. The W on the end of the model number indicates it has an internal WG. The stock WG will need some modifications to boost low enough for most people. I think the factory WG is set to something like 17-18psi. The same turbo can also be found without a WG, but I don't know what it comes on.