HybridZ

Where Would You Start?

Guest twinturbo240z

Guest twinturbo240z

Hi,

I have a 72 240z that I am planning on prepping for some autox, road course, etc. The car is pretty much stock. My future plans for the car are: coilovers, urethane bushings, disk brakes, and Lt1 T56. My question for all of you who have done this already is what order would you do these things if you were going the same route as I am. I have already done a lot of searching through the for forums but couldn't find info on this particular topic. Thanks in advance.

Ditto what 260DET said. But, since you are reading this, I would do these in order:

1. Brakes Why? Because this is the most important aspect of a performace car. All the horse power in the world isn't going to save you if you can't stop.

2. Urethane bushings Tightens up the suspension.

3. Coilovers Make sure that coilovers are right for you, before you invest in them.

4. LT1 This is the last thing you should think about. Don't get me wrong, keep your goals in mind, but don't upgrade the engine before you look at the saftey of yourself and others on the road.

Lastly, do a search for each of the topics listed above. 1-3 can be found in the "Brakes, Wheels, Suspension, and Chassis" forum. While your engine questions can be answered by searching the "Chevy V8Z Tech Board"

!M!

Time for a different opinion:

1 - bushings - loose sterring causes wrecks.

2 - brakes - I did the conversion and was not as impressed as I thought I would be with the difference.

3 - Coil overs - finish up the suspension before the big project.

4 - LT1 / T56 - Most work and cash. things might happen before you get to this and if you needed to dump your car it wouldn't hurt as much!!! :(