HybridZ

small v12

cameraobsess

Well, I just have to add my $.02 here... I had the chance to meet Glenn this past weekend, and the Jag V12 in his 240 is quite a creation. For some insane reason, he handed me the keys and said "wana drive?" HA!! My god... I didn't even thrash it (not mine!) but WOW... this thing really goes! And the sound of a V12 winding out is somethin else! My 'But-o-meter' was peged at "DAMN THIS THING PULLS!!" and the grin on my face stayed there for the rest of the day... actually, as I'm thinking about it now, the grin is back! I know the jag V12 a bit big/a bit harder to find parts for, but like Glenn said.. his car is heavy to begin with... and ther's lots of V8's but not many V12 in Z's. And I do agree that there are quite a few Jags around that have electrical/other problems that land them in the junk yard, or in a field somewhere. Cheep source of V12's.....

I tell ya man, do whatever it takes.. call the trip what you will; it will be worth it! Heh heh...

Thanks again Glenn, that was the push I needed to keep going on my 280 and get in rooling for the summer. It'll be a lowely straight 6 for next year, but hopefully by next fall, I can do an engine swap... My friend informed me of a Mercedes V8 that is availible for cheep... I may have a look at that.. apperently has some good HP/Torque #'s, and might just squeeze into my engine bay.. :twisted: or maybe I'll copy cat Glenn, and do a V12! :P

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Chris Leathers

I saw on a show that the Aston Martin Vanquish V-12 engine started out as a pair of Taurus 3.8 V-6's put together. I don't know if they were the SHO 3.8 or a standard 2 valve pushrod version. I thought it was interesting.

The 5.3 Jag V-12 is not verry impressive. My Dad has a 88 XJS V-12. It is smooth and has a broad smooth power curve, but my stock 250,000 mile L-28 will spank it !

My dad has an 89, and the power is definately there. A few things to consider about the speed of the car. It is in a 4000lb car with a very docile 3speed auto and an insanely high final drive. Guys who have put t56's in them have reported very large gains in peformance.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest ZfrkS62

the M70 and M73 BMW V12 would make the best fit since they are extremely narrow. the M73 5.0 would make the smoother running but obtaining the ECUs (you need 2) and making them work with out the transmission module would be a trick (the ECUs require inputs over a CAN-bus ) so i think the the M70 would work a little better. there may be a company that can flash the ECUs and delete the CAN line but i'm not sure.

i don't know what the toronto V12 Z is, but either way it looks sweet :twisted: