HybridZ

Found some parts in my area guy wants 65 to ship!

Guest Looking for apt in Alb Ny

alright what if I buy these rotors and the guy finds out I am located around the block and I can simply pick em up in person. I am in Albany county NY. he is obviously trying to make a very large profit on shipping 20 pounds. Ill contact him regarding this but just curious if any of you have come across a cumbersome seller and shipping. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33564&item=2440701382

Thanks Juan

get ready for his reply! here it is no lie word for word!

I knew this person was a clown .

I have been collecting just about every brake part on ebay I can get my little grubby hands on. See what may seem like junk is worth gold to a person like me. I will study the part and go on the future attack of creating parts or at last making them better.

Pick up is fine. but they weigh in at almost 100 lbs, which via ups, is

quite a bit.

Norm Cullerton

http://www.TwoGuyzSellingCars.com

-----Original Message-----

From: jsk@jskinnovations.com [mailto:jsk@jskinnovations.com]

Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 4:38 AM

To: norm@twoguyzsellingcars.com

Subject: Question for seller -- Item #2440701382

I live in latham would you mind me picking them up in person shipping is a

bit high so that shouldnt be a problem thanks Juan

--------------------

Question from: jskinnovations

Title of item: Acura OEM RSX Type S Disc Brakes & Brake Pads

Seller: 2guyz_auctions

Starts: Nov-01-03 13:00:00 PST

Ends: Nov-08-03 13:00:00 PST

Price: Starts at $9.99

To view the item, go to:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2440701382

Visit eBay, The World's Online Marketplace TM at http://www.ebay.com

the upgrade kits i sell for the toyota 4 piston caliper and 300zx rotors weighs in at 56.45 lbs, shipping from my local pa to ca is 36.03 in 4 days from Fedex.

there is no way in hell those rotors and brakes weigh 100 lbs.

now i will say this shipping with ups for the same item would cost 49.97 to ca. go figure ups is crazy. plus it takes them up to 7 days

Well I was going to bid on it and wondered what you would have done. Since shipping is extremely high and I live mins away, I just wanted to avoid some kind of conflict or him back away from the sale. I don't mean to prejudge the seller. Its the high shipping charge that makes me question the legitimacy of the seller. Thanks Juan

In comparison to zmefly's statement his brake upgrade my only weih 56 lbs but those brakes on ebay come with 8 pads and all 4 rotors not just two. I still think shipping seems very high. I wouldn't sweat it though if the seller has good feedback and he was ok with you picking them up I would think it would be fine to bid. You will probably get them dirt cheap just because no one is going to want to pay that much to ship them when they could get them at the junk yard or parts store cheaper. Just curious if this was z related or for something else. Good luck

I've seen this on a lot of auctions. It keeps your price listed low, but the actual price is 'hidden' in the details. I was looking for Miata seats, and found a pair listed for $50. But the buyer wanted $85 shipping and handling. I'm no expert, but I had four HEAVY rims sent to my house from the east coast for less than $50. Other auctions list shipping as low as $36 for two seats.

So always establish the shipping before you bid! And if you can pick something up, always ask the buyer if they'll drop the shipping charges.

Maybe this guy is ok. He may not have actually weighted them and is just guessing. I haven't looked at the auction. But if he is willing to let you come pick them up what's the problem? I wouldn't get in his face about it.

Mike Knell (JTR) refuses to do anything but ship, even if you live in Livermore. O.k., some people have been allowed to come by, but when I asked it was an unequivical "NO". He's tired of answering questions and dealing with fools. You can't blame him, look at the way this place has gotten.

Other people just don't want to tell strangers where thay live. They have a family/kids. The internet is the new haven for dangerous people. People e-mail me and want to come see my car. I don't know them, never met them. Sometimes they don't even tell me their real name, just some online name somewhere. I don't even respond. If you can't tell me who you are, were you live, and a little about yourself, then I'm not going to take a risk with my families safety.

Go get the rotors Juan, and don't get worked up.

You know. People get your address when you get an item from eBay. It defeats the whole purpose. I just wanted to state the auction and his reply. No worries here Thanks! Juan

Maybe the shipping cost of $65 includes insurance? Maybe it includes the cost of a box and some packaging? Maybe it includes the cost of him taking the stuff to a Mail Boxes Etc.?

Why is every vendor trying to rip you guys off? Makes me not want to do work for HybridZ folks...

Easy JohnC I can relate to both sides of the coin here. No not every vendor is trying to rip you off but they all need to make a profit to make it worth their efforts. Us hybridz folks sometimes have very shallow pockets and really huge pipe dreams of finding everything cheap so we can accomplish the goals we have for our projects. We are all trying to save money any way we can and are always looking for the best price. However the best service as has been discused here many times is also a huge issue. I appreciate any work that is being done to further the Z scene. Hats off to you for any efforts you have made thus far and hopefully continue to do. Juan is another great vendor trying to create parts with little out of pocket expense and offering great z car products at affordable prices. I know he is just trying to watch his overhead so he can in turn offer us better pricing. Good luck with everyones deal shopping and kudos to the Z folks.