HybridZ

So Zs CAN fly!

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

A friend of mine had just painted her Z black with lacquer paint (the body shop she worked for had some laying around, and let her buy it). She had hundreds of hours in the prep. It wasn't even all rubbed out yet, she still had a quarter panel that needed to be polished.

Needless to say, she's driving down the street and a tow truck is doing a U-turn in the middle of the street with its lights on. She's thinking "WTF is that guy doing???" Right about that time, she hit about a foot tall wheel chock dead center of her Z. It took out the front valance, rad support, radiator, oil pan and passenger floor pan. The unibody was tweaked, and the insurance company ended up paying her for the car and totalling it.

Debris sucks! :(

Jon

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

No more trips to the ICU for me! I had one critical trauma trip before and that was in my motorcycle accident. The Doc said that I am probably the first person in history to go into critical trauma and end up not having anything broken or even fractured. (or missing :shock:)

On the upside though, I am proud of the landing of the car. It landed very graceful and I think all four wheels touched down at damn near the exact same time. It was kinda cool being scared that the car was probably going to come down wrong, and also enjoying the flight. Who knows, maybe I'll have to do some stunt driving! Of course, I would prefer a RAMP next time. :lol:

About a week after that, on a side road doing about 30 mph, a dog ran out from behind some bushes and I hit it. There was nothing I could do, and the dog didn't make it. I was very upset, as I LOVE dogs.
The exact thing happened to me in my Z with front spoiler but going around 40mph. It split my fiberglass spoiler in half. It was sad watching the dog limp off the road sans guts to go die next to a Church building. I couldn't do anything to help it. My front spoiler was off the car for years before I finally had it repaired and painted. The car looked pretty shabby with the body kit on but missing the front spoiler. I don't know if you can tell in the pics though.

i only have 1 story, but it didnt happen to me (luckily)

we were on 101 going to my grandpa's house and there was this early 300zx. it had a really nice pearl white paint job. we got off the freeway to get some coffee, then after getting back on and driving a few minutes we saw it. a big 18 wheeler had sideswiped it and the whole drivers side as dented in and there was this huge black mark from the tire from front to back :(