HybridZ

Dan Juday, eat your heart out!

auxilary

The JTR talks about using plates to mount the engine...That is why they are so thick..(I had the manual, and I've seen the diagrams, and I know what you are talking about....)

The stocko Nissan mounts are thin boxes.. My new mounts look a lot like the stock ones..except mine aren't heavy guage sheet metal. Plenty strong...

You should think along those lines as well.. The JTR also is set up to mount the v8 to the stock nissan mounts on the crossmember.... mine...and thinking of the size of a rotary, his will be behind the cross member as well, and will likely end up being mounted to the frame rails themselves..

I'll post some pics of mine...

Oh and on the subject of the MSA show, A group from my club are trying to arrange shipment of our Z's to the show...if we can get the price down to a reasonable amount, you will see my black beast sitting at the show....hood open I might add... 8)

Here is a pic of my passenger motor mount.

album_pic.php?pic_id=2277

You can see how this is much stronger, and would not require 1/4 plate steel. The reinforcing to the frame rail extends further aft of the mount..the drivers side is FAR more involved as it required moving the frame rail out of the way..

The top portion of the mount (rubber part is stock 300zxt)