HybridZ

LT1 dyno day

From another MAS280 post:

Engine-- I ported the stock heads and put in a small cam. I still have the 24lb injectors but I have some 30lb ready to go. The car is not tuned at all and it is only shifting @ 5200 so I am not in the power band that long.

I am at about 5000 rpm at the end of the track.

I am using 235 drag radials 26" tires and as Scottie said it is all in the 60' not the power.

Remember, you cannot compare dyno numbers unless all the pulls were from the same dyno under the same conditions. Comparing dyno numbers is water cooler talk. What you do with that number is more important and you have nothing to prove. Use your dyno numbers as an indicator of the progress YOU are making and let your timeslip do the talking. IOW, compare your dynos with your previous dyno numbers.

Do not get caught up in the "mine is bigger than yours" game. If I did, I would be scared to line up against some of the 600, 700hp dyno monsters. The most HP and the biggest dyno numbers do not always win drag races.

Guest Z-rific

Listen to Scottie's advice.

I've seen reports on how different dynos from different manufacturers give wwaaaayyyyy different results, testing the same car on each.

A dyno is a great way to tune your setup and/or check improvements made by swapping parts, but don't read too much into the final number as it compares to a different car on a different dyno.

Now I'm not saying the final number is useless. There's just no guarantee on how accurate it is.

As a side note, I've read articles on how inaccurate some of the HP numbers from the car makers are. Seems like they like to exagerate a bit.

But, with your 1/4 mile times, those numbers look very, very reasonable.

But, with your 1/4 mile times, those numbers look very, very reasonable.

This is what I stated in the other post before you did the dyno: "If I guess the weight w/driver at 2,750lbs, that's an estimated 320rwhp. " Looks to me like you are able to put every single HP effectively to the ground and that is what it is all about.

Compare timeslips, not dyno numbers :D :D I would say with that low, flat torque, that is probably a very responsive machine on the street.