HybridZ

T-56 tunnel seal boot

Tim240z

For you guys using the T-56, what are you using to seal the hole in the tunnel where the shifter goes through? The stock Datsun boot doesn't have enough flexibility to take all the travel of the shifter...I've tried it upside down, back-to-front, inside out etc (literally), but no dice. I had a look at the one in my Z28 (1994), and it looks like it may do the trick. Any suggestions?

I have a leather boot for the shifter installed, but that will do little to cut sound and air (hot and cold).

I bought a cheap-ass shifter cover from AdvancedAuto (Kragen for you west coasters). It's an accordian rubber mojobbie with a trim ring. It had a sort of slotted hole like it's meant for an old 60s Hurst-style shifter, but my round shifter shaft fits through. I put a bead of gasket cement around the edge before installing it.

Thanks guys, but that universal one that you guys are referring to will interfere with my nice leather shifter cover. I need something that will lay kinda flat for the inner boot. I'll have a look at the ZX one too. I might just have to take the rubber one out of my Z28 to see if it will do the trick then just buy one from GM.

Tim