HybridZ

LT1 cam question......

Well as many of you know I have the LT4 HOTCAM KIT in my 93' LT1 280ZX. Since I havent had it at the track yet I dont know what it will run in the 1/4 mile. I am hoping for low 12's with the Hotcam but I really want to get into teh 11's with out NOS.

Since I cant remeber what the max lift on the springs are for the LT4 HOTCAM KIT is.......could I change my cam to the 306CC cam(Comp Cams "306" LT1 Camshaft, 230 / 244, .510 / .540 112 LSA, Very aggressive street/strip cam. Good top-end power. ) with out having coil bind?Or what about this cam....Comp Cams "Extreme" LT1 Camshaft, 230 / 236, .510 / .520 112 LSA, Very aggressive street/strip cam.

I am going to wait to see what this set up runs. I think I'll wait anyways but if I have the intake off for any reason this winter I will probably just put the cam in....."while I'm at it!" :lol:

Guy :D

Guest ls1z4me

No the LT4 springs aren't suitable for that cam. Check with comp cams, they can set you up with a spring based on cam specs.

The max lift for the LT4 Springs is .525, and is just marginal for the hot cam and 1.6 rockers.

I am using comp cams 305

Lift 510 510

dur 276 290

@.050 220 229

This cam is close to what you are using in power. I was going to use the cc306 cam but I did not want to hurt my 60' times with no low end. If I ever go 383 then I would use the cc306 but right I love the low end power of the cc305.

Mike

Since I dont know much about cams can someone explain the duration? Is that how long the valve is open of the 360* of the cam? I know I always hear about lift but most real car guys talk about duration and lift at .050" Also what is LSA and what does it mean?

I've tried a search but all I keep coming up with is personal cam specs not really what the numbers mean in relation to power.

So is the CC305 a "bigger cam" than the LT4 Hotcam?

LT4 Hotcam Specs with 1.6 Ration Rocker Arms....

----------------------Intake-----Exhaust-----------------------------

Lobe Lift-------------0.328-------0.328__<--no clue what this is?

Gross Valve Lift-----0.525------0.525

Lobe Centerline------109*-------115*__<--no clue what this is?

Duration @.006"------272--------281___<--no clue what this is?

Duration @.050"------219--------228___<--no clue what this is?

Lobe Seperation-----------112________<--no clue what this is?

Grumpy you out there?! :D

Guy