HybridZ

lt1 or ls1

Guest storm280z

Guest storm280z

i noticed that a lot more people use the lt1 sbc ovewr the ls1. is there an reason for that? i was thinking about doing a 2000 on newers ls1 into my 77 280z. is one harder to swap that an other? or is if just up to personal liking? :?:

Guest storm280z

is there a huge differance in power outputs. does the lt1 weight a disadvantge in the two? does the weight in the front help or hurt ride the quality? isn't the ls1 more tunner friendly as far as power resulets with bpu parts.

Stock out of the box the LS1 will provide more HP. It is also lighter than the original L28 so it contributes no additional loading to the front end of the car. The big negatives to the LS1 are that it just plain costs more than other engine options and there is little history on the conversion for the do-it-yourselfer. That said, if I had it to do over again - I'd still put in the LS1 - just for the look an peoples faces when they see it in there.

Guest storm280z

you say that the lt1 is a better motor.why is that, is if just becuase of the cost of the motor itself. im not sure but doesnt the ls1 come with Aluminum heads. an other better quality parts from the factory, that the lt2 doesnt have

Guest Your Car is Slow

Most LT1s come with alum heads as well (only the BBody cars came with iron heads)

aftermarket gofast parts are cheaper (and more readily available)

motor itself is cheaper

motor is able to handle significantly more horsepower

This thread is annoying and should probably be deleted. Bad information is much worse than no information.

As Tim said USE THE SEARCH! You will find many answers to your questions.

Yes...please go here: http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/portal.php and type LS1 in the box on the left and press enter. Then read away.

Guest storm280z

sorry did think that anyone would care that much. if is annoying you then dont read it. i was just trying to get some insight for others. the search was helpful an i thank you for that. but i guess next time i will try not to post "annoying" topic for you z "masters"

thank for the info

Guest Your Car is Slow
This thread is annoying and should probably be deleted. Bad information is much worse than no information.

Do elaborate here....im going to go out on a limb and assume you are an LS1 fan.

As Tim said USE THE SEARCH! You will find many answers to your questions.

I swear...if posts that contain "do a search" were deleted...half of you guys would have no post counts at all.

Questions that generate debate and discussion are healthy and what message boards were designed for.

Guest storm280z

i dont like one over the other b/c i dont know enough about them an that is why i started this tread. but i can see that asking questions can turn some people red. i didnt mean to get tis debate started. i just wanted to get some questions awnsered. buy by doing that i have seemed to annoy some people. an i dont need anyone assuning anything. becuase we all need what they say. but now i will think twice b4 posting here. thanks for all the "helpful" insight

:D

OKay. The initial question was annoying because, as Tim already stated, this issue has been discussed ad nauseum on this board. The question, to me, reads thusly:

I can't be troubled to use the search button. So I would like to clutter up this board with a broad question that has been asked and answered many times before. Can someone please hold my hand?

The follow-ons were just more clutter.

This statement:

I swear...if posts that contain "do a search" were deleted...half of you guys would have no post counts at all.

demonstrates, to me, that you do not understand the value that a resource such as this forum brings. Not taking the 10 seconds of your time to use the search facility and wasting harddrive space and bandwidth and other users time with your redundant question shows a complete lack of respect for hybridz.org. Post count is an assinine measure of contribution. (and yes, my long winded reply here is also wasting resources, but hopefully some will get the point)

How about I make my point with an example of the kind of question that might have shown some value:

I am considering either an LT1 or an LS1 swap. I have searched around and I see that these are completely different motors with very little in common. I also see that one costs more and is much more difficult to install, yet makes a bit more power.. In fact only 4 or 5 of the many members here have successfully completed the swap. BTW, this actually made it much easier for me to perform the search that I started this journey with since I could simply use the usernames "Phantom", "Lonestar1", "Cyrus", "Maichor" or "jeromio" to get all the information I could possibly consume on this subject. Oh wait, I guess I don't actually have a question after all....

If no one ever had to suggest to people that the search button will answer their queries, then we would not have to increase our cherished "post counts" with such a reply. Personally, I think Tim was doing storm280z a great kindness with his reply. If it were up to me, there'd be a Search button right next to the Preview and Submit buttons. That way maybe people would accidentally search for answers once and awhile.

I would be inclined to agree with Jeromio and Tim, the search function goes unused quite often. Perhaps those who fail to use it are just trying to find a direct answer as opposed to the numerous post that they would have to sift through while learning even more in the process. Just some food for thought. Oh, and as to the original question...do you mind the opti-spark distributor?

I would be inclined to agree with Jeromio and Tim, the search function goes unused quite often. Perhaps those who fail to use it are just trying to find a direct answer as opposed to the numerous post that they would have to sift through while learning even more in the process.
Exactly...and not to hammer this any more than it has been, but this post will just add to that sifting effort.

Tim

Guest plainswolf

:lol: I just punched "LS1" into the search function and came to this thread/debate at the top of the results..

I don't think I would have learned, and saved in notepad files, all I have in the last month had it not been for that ever handy "search" function... it is amazing what one can learn from that alone..

Mark

Jeromio - good buddy - take a chill pill - you weren't this rough on me when I was continuously calling you Jeronimo. Innocent mistake and harmless - like this is too. If a post seems inane to you just ignore and go on to others that offer more to you. There are lots of them on this forum. I've asked my fair share of "dumb" questions and folks have always been gracious. That's the reputation this forum has always had - does it still?

I didn’t want to get into this discussion but I couldn't resist.

First I would like to state that I started and completed my LS-1 conversion with very few posts about what is a better conversion than another or about how to do it. Most of it was done by the SEARCH Engine that Hybridz has provided.

Allot of searches were made and I found valuable information without asking repetitive questions. If you had a question about one thing or another it should be posted in the topic you have read or if no one has touched the topic then post a new topic. By posting into the existing topic it will give history to the responder and make a clearer idea what your question entails without repeating information. I did a search to see what i could find under "LS-1 or LT-1" and checking the search for all terms. 3 different accounts of this topic with relatively the same information were found. Under less that 5 min time, i wish i could get some of my questions answered that quik. I am still working on the california referee question that nobody can answer.

Check it out!

http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24115&highlight=ls1+lt1

http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1385&highlight=ls1+lt1

FYI

Briguy280z

(Thanks for the post) HEHE

:D:D