HybridZ

300zx rotors and 280 zx calipers on a 240Z

I just came across a break upgrade for 240z using 300zx rotors and 280 zx calipers for at zandzxparts.com. Has any one here tried this combination on a 240z? The web site claims a 50% improvement in brake performance based on a $600 kit. Seems pricy for what you get.

Miles

I've done the swap. But new rotors can be had for about $100, and rebuilt calipers for not much more, so $600 is a lot pricy. It's a good swap in my opinion and very simple and requires only minor modifications and the manditory use of the 240Z hubs (17mm wide wheel flange).

.250" is removed from the diameter of the rotor. The washers are visible in one of the photos (bracket spacing) in my personal gallery. The washers are between the stock caliper mounting point on the strut/spindle, and the new caliper bracket. I measured out a handful of washers and sorted them by thickness with a caliper, made it handy to get the best spacing.

I didn't grind the caliper mounting point flat. I believe to was already flat.

http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/album_personal.php?user_id=166