HybridZ

Ok fine, z31 system is Back, Jack.

fl327

Ive been working in the garage most of the day today, sleeping, eating, and posting on my laptop-while doing some internet window shopping, Monday is like my sunday so I do my best to relax and do some "me" type stuff.

pulled off the super afc for now, made sure the car still ran ok, check.

pulled the 87 z31 maf and 87 ecu out of my storage, blew the dust out of the connectors (been a year) and got out my squigly diagrams of how to rewire it back up, ok good. I left everything so that I can go back and forth pretty easily from z31 to eccs.

Couldnt start the car for the life of me.

Duh, no chopper wheel... Ok so I spend a little time looking for my spare chopper wheels, ok i find em, plop it in, good good.

Try it again after making yet some more adjustments.

We have ignition...

car purrs, idle is pretty good. systems are check. ok, lets go for a ride around the block. I drive slow until the car gets to full operating temp.

dangit, thing still likes to idle at 900, guess thats just how it has to be.

It is dry outside, so I go for some launch excersize, hey now.

Ok fine, it does seems to pickup a bit smoother, and I swapped air filters (cleaning my current one) to an HKS green filter and vented it to outside of car. It drives pretty good, at least as good as my afm setup, which I think I have setup GREAT. I can definitiely feel like I have gained some hp somewhere, from the butt dyno, not a ton, but the car feels a tiny bit lighter, and thats a good thing i guess.

didnt go to redline or anything, but the car felt great making a few Wot stabs to 5500, I have to admit that the car felt like it could go at least 6200 without a whimper though, just like my afm. workign with 10psi right now.

had to stop, finally let my hunger go so long it hurts, gotta eat.

will do some tuning later, but so far so good.

I will try to get it dialed in probably this weekend, and will drive it around for another week or two to document mpg vs. the afm setup. So far, not bad, but at the same time, doesnt feel miraculous or anything like that.

We'll see 8)

people do this one different. I use l28et harness, i think this one is called

"cross firing" z31 ecu uses same plug as s130t, afm plug is almost exactly upside down, pins line up that way and you have to do some more.

so far so good. weather is good today, its time to go joggin.

fl327, you still owe me a test drive. Bring the car by this week, I'll be gentle

I guess my car is next, I have a 300zx ecu and AMS collecting dust in the garage. It should be quick since you just did yours (beer and pizza on me).

we can do that. maf system is growing on me, hate to say it.

seems to rev faster, besides that i cant really tell what is going on here.

looks good in engine compartment too!