HybridZ

My other Toy

PETEW

Just a couple of pics of my newest toy. I just bought a few months ago.

fb1bc7f5.jpg

Another

fa83fc98.jpg

Sorry the snowblower was int he way. :? It is a '97 TL1000S. The bike doesn't even have 3k miles on it yet, and I road a few hundred on it. This bike even has it's original tires on it. I've already modded the airbox, put stainless lines up front and has a Yoshimura box to richen up the fuel injection. My newest prize is this

fa83fcd5.jpg

I bought this a couple weeks ago for less than half of cost. It has never even been uesd. I have lower fairing from targa coming in, and I would still like to get an exhaust. I can't wait till next season. :D Here I come twisties. 8)

Sweet! Nice bike :2thumbs: I love the V-twin sport bikes. I want a Honda SuperHawk soooo bad, you can pick one up for about $2k now. I live in and around cities, so having a V-twin to romp on in between stoplights is just more fun than reving the snot out of a 4 banger IMO. Clutchless wheelies in second gear is a blast! I was going to get another bike this spring, but a Condo sounds like a better investment for me. Remember, if you go down, wounds heal and chicks dig scars :D

I heard that you can easily take the packing out of the stock mufflers for a cheap (loud 8) ) upgrade.

!M!

Bill is right. It is the mono shock for the rear. It is an Ohlins shock. Swedish performance all the way! :P They are one of the top performers in motorcycle/snowmobile suspension (Penske is the other). The TL has a very strange suspension system where the spring and damper is seperate. If you look at the second bike pick you can see the spring on the side and underneath the seat is a rotary damper. The damper is basically garbage so I got lucky and got the Ohlins. All I have to do is set up the forks and away I go. :-D

JKDGabe I sold the R1 when we had our first child. I didn't want the payments. Then I found out I can't live without a bike. :shock: I found this one and it was mint. My buddy had one of these before and I just rememeber the V-twin rumble. :twisted:

If you have ridden other street bikes, than it isn't that bad. Just don't wind up first gear. :wink: That is the nice thing about the TL. It is a powerful bike without being scary. The R1 was alot more intimidating, but I loved it. The R1 definitley was the best wheelie bike I have ever owned. :twisted: