HybridZ

Where to find a rust free Z?

Guest d9

I thought I had one... The guy told me it was rust free. Well it's a piece of crap. :evil:

I lifted the carpet on the copilots side and I could see the ground! No freek'n way. The top was dented (looks like someone sat on it), the bumpers were painted and bent, It was a "Mako" paint job... windshield leaked, Rotten carpet..., One rocker panel was rotten, the other had rust, one quarter panel had rust, and it had a white interior... YUK. It's not road worthy, the right wheel hops and the front end is way loose. Major piece of S&!T. He only wanted $500 for it but in all honesty, you couldn't give it to me.

So the question is... Where do I have to go to get one reasonably rust free? I live in NC so I'm guessing everything around here is a rust bucket.

I have Z fever BAD so help me out here.

Dave

What will it take? I want a 76, 77 Z for a ZXT engine swap. I don't care about the engine, transmission, drive train, wheels, brakes, etc. Front end will remain as upgraded stock.

Just an intact body and workable interior.

Dave

step 1. acquire a 1984 delorean

step 2. outfit it with a mr. fusion and flux capacitor

step 3. go back to 1970 and purchase a 240z brand new.

step 4. put it in dry storage for 30 years with all fluids drained

step 5. go back to your own time

step 6. recover mint 240z with 0 miles. Then sell it for 25 grand

step 7. use that money to buy a near-rust free Z from arizona/nevada and keep the rest in pocket. Don't forget to buy a 50 years in sports almanac before time travelling!

Having bought Z's in CA, I can honestly say that I would go to AZ. My ex roommate worked in a Z junkyard in Phoenix, and he brought back cars and parts to CA. The parts and the cars that he brought back were unbelievably rust free. Made my stuff look like I bought it from MI.

Jon

step 1. acquire a 1984 delorean

step 2. outfit it with a mr. fusion and flux capacitor

step 3. go back to 1970 and purchase a 240z brand new.

step 4. put it in dry storage for 30 years with all fluids drained

step 5. go back to your own time

step 6. recover mint 240z with 0 miles. Then sell it for 25 grand

step 7. use that money to buy a near-rust free Z from arizona/nevada and keep the rest in pocket. Don't forget to buy a 50 years in sports almanac before time travelling!

EXCELLENT

d9

I've found several AZ Zs but I feel like I'm throwing the dice. Am I suppose to fly out and look/get/drive it back or take the sellers word for it and have it shipped?

Man I wish I had kept that old 75 Z I had.

Dave

I've found several AZ Zs but I feel like I'm throwing the dice. Am I suppose to fly out and look/get/drive it back or take the sellers word for it and have it shipped?

Man I wish I had kept that old 75 Z I had.

Dave

Maybe, just maybe, if you ask if any of our members are anywhere near where the cars are located, they can have a look and give you an unbiased opinion. Maybe throw in a couple of 'pretty pleases'.

Tim

That's what I did in 1989. Found one in Phoenix (looked at about 10) and drove it back to Cleveland. I retired and moved back to Phoenix! The pickings are getting slimmer however. Find one and I'll take a peek for you. I met a woman from my brother's church that still drives her 73'

Looked great and no rust. She doesn't want to sell, I asked.