HybridZ

Finally at the bodyshop...

DavyZ

Yes, for those who actually care, I have finally decided to do something to my Z and bring it to a bodyshop. My friend Kevin told me about this place he has his car at and about the good metal work they do for pretty cheap (business is slow, so prices have come down a bit). I looked his car over at the bodyshop and these guys do some pretty good metalwork!

I'm having them reskin the roof to eliminate a stupid, leaky moonroof, shave the driprails, and shave the rear vents on the C-pillars. Once I inspect the work when it is finished and it agrees with me, I'll have them do the rest of the car and take ALL the dings, dents, etc out of the car. But, with the moonroof fixed, I'll feel like I can do some interior mods and get my Flofit seats in there. I have been dreading doing this because mold grew in the car last winter when it leaked...ewww.

I'm hoping to start the V8 conversion in the spring. That would buy me enough time to get the additional pieces I need like a clutch, shifter, and gearzone balance shaft for the T5.

I could kick myself for not taking the "before" pictures of the car. Oh well, it kind of sucks as is anyway with no mods and that leaky moonroof.

Davy

WOW Davy....it doesn't seem that long ago that we were all giving you a hard time about not having a Z at all!! :twisted:

I would be very interested to know how much the bodyshop is planning to charge for the removal of the drip rails. I removed mine and it took a lot of work to get the roofline looking perfect again.....but then again, I'm just a rookie!

Tim

Dale, they are shaving them off completely to give the car a very clean look--smoother is better IMO.

Tim, I'm being charged (about) $600 to do the roof, rails, and vents. Now, this does not include having to replace the windshield or its weatherstrip...

Still, I cannot argue with the work I have seen them do, or the price!! After my car is done to my satisfaction, THEN I will recommend them.

Davy

BlueovalZ: Terry, I'll be sure and put pics in the sweet website gallery that Auxilary has made for me under datsunracing.com :D

Soup80: I'm not sure about their ability to do that, but I did hear that the old guy worked in a Honda tuning place and does stuff like that. I'll let you know how my car turns out and then I'll recommend them. For me it's "wait and see." I'm going to have them do more work to my car if all goes smoothly with the preliminary job.

Jumbo: Jon, I'll be sure to put them online via Auxilary and I'll provide a linky :-D

Innerware: It's M&L bodyshop off of 11th in Oakland (I hope I remember correctly). Again, I'll recommend them if the job(s) go well. Price is good for the time being and I hope stays that way. I'm not made of money :wink:

Davy

• 2 weeks later...