HybridZ

All said and done, what does megaquirt cost

Guest chucklaw33

Guest chucklaw33

I got a 83 zxt with the 240sx tb, svo injectors, hypo fuel pump. I was wondering if megasquirt would be worth putting in. But what does it cost. I havent found a price list.

I added some of the prices to the install guide in the turbo section here. You are most likely looking at $250 to get MS installed. You can save money if you don't buy the relay board and the stimulator board. But then you can't test MS until you install it on the car and the relay board is handy I think.

There are lots of addon kits you can buy for MS. I believe the cost without any of them is around 130$. I ended up spending almost exactly 250$ with the enclosures, the relay, the test board, and i bought some of the bulk items that digikey doesn't sell seperately to save time. (Good call moby)

I bought the MS for $110 as a kit. It took me five hours to assemble.

I bought the Relay Board Kit for $45, it took me about 1 hour to assemble.

I bought the latest Megaview so I could do final tuning without a laptop, it was $100something I think, but I have not assembled it yet.

The DB37 communication cable from the MS to the relay board in the engine bay took me about three hours all told to get to my liking, cost was neglible, I think the ends cost me $9 each or soemthing like that.

Oh yeah, and I bought the stimulator/simulator box as a kit for $45, and took me half an hour to put together.

For the price, there is NOTHING that will touch it!

Then again, I stepped in whole hog, and bought three of everything, as there are several vehicles that really need EFI to be more daily-driver friendly!

I'v been looking at this MS for a few weeks now... and have to agree that is sounds like a deal.. if you're willing to do a bit of work and figuring out, but I don't mind that part. I love the DIY stuff... andfrom what I can see, there's no one in Canada using it yet... It would be cool to be the first MS running around here! I'm just trying to figure out what it's gona cost me to GET it up here! Looks like I'll be around $250 Canadian by the time I'm done.. I still have to get prices on the TPS, sensors, ect from my local GM dealer..