HybridZ

Need help with my new Camcorder.....

80LS1T

Well me and my girlfriend(future wife..... :shock: ) just bought a new camcorder for our Christmas presents to each other. We bought a mid-grade Samsung SDC27 Digital Video Camcorder. Well I have been trying all night go load a video onto the computer but I dont think I have the software to do it? I loaded in the new driver for the camcorder but when I plug in the USB cable nothing happens? So do I need some special softare to get the video off the camcorder? I am going in tommorow to ask what I need or what I need to do to get this to work!

Any help is appreciated! :D

Guy

What operating system are you using? How old is your computer? I'm almost completely sure that the new camera is USB 2.0 and your computer may be the 1.1 standard (1.1 is roughly 4mbps vs. 480mbps for 2.0). Did the camera come with any software? If you have Windows XP or ME, I believe there is a Windows movie maker that you already have or it can be downloaded through http://www.windowsupdate.com. Let me know how it works

It is possible that it is USB 2.0, but I highly doubt it. That camera has connectors for Firewire (IEEE 1394) and USB, and S-Video. Here is what I found with a quick google search, might help you if your a Mac guy.

NOTE for Macintosh Users: Cannot interface via USB. But no worries, a FireWire cable makes the camcorder totally compatible with Macintosh. Must get a "4-to-6-pin Thin FireWire cable" and use the iLink DV interface on the camcorder.

If your running Windows you may want to check to make sure your USB is working because as soon as you plug in a USB device is should try to auto detect it regardless of if your running Win98/Me or XP. Try it with a mouse or keyboard or any other USB device. Also if your trying to connect to the front USB on a computer try the ports on the motherboard (panel where your Mouse/Keyboard and serial connections are), as sometimes the front USB ports quit working or they are wired wrong. The camera should come with any software needed (although not always the best software) to get it working so if you dropped in the CD and followed the auto run setup you should be on your way.

Note: Also if it is a USB 1.1 camera you may want to get rid of the USB connection and go to firewire because USB 1.1 is 12mbit or even slower if its USB 1.0, USB 2.0 is 480mbit and Firewire is also 480mbit. So transfering those videos will be alot quicker with firewire or USB 2.0.

ARGH PINNACLE!! Bought their software and capture card for about 400 bucks AUD and i'm never gonna buy from them again. The card didn't work, and not only that they didn't even have bloody drivers for win2k @ the time. Tried the card again lately and still with the new drivers doesn't work

Well I went into Best Buy today and asked what I needed and sure enough I needed more hardware and software. So now I have a firewire card in my computer and the software that goes along with it. I bought the "Pinnacle Studio Version 8" kit. I am in the process of installing it right now actually.

I will(try to :oops: ) post a video of my car if I get this working tonight! :D

Guy

try this:

after you plug in the USB right click on the "Start" button (bottom left), then click on "explore all users" when the menu pops up scroll down to the item that says "Removable Disk ( G: )" and click it.

it might work, thats what i use for the digital camera anyways. by the way, iMovie (mac) is much better then windows one.

Well I got it working.....finally! :D Right now I am uploading my movie to my website's database. With my "super high speed" :roll: 56K connection it should be done loading by like Wednesday! :shock: ....ok maybe not that long but I really need to move into town just so I can have a cable modem connection! I used my GF's computer at her college (I think its like T1 connection?) and boy oh boy is that fast! I down loaded a 26 MB movie in under a minute! :shock: Here I am trying to upload a 16MB movie and its going on like an hour! :x So maybe sometime soon I will post the movie...

Thanks for all the help though guys! :D

Guy

Yeah after trying to upload my 16MB movie to my webpage twice last night I come to find out that I can only uplaod 5MB at a time! :x Yeah and I bought extra disk space on my page so that I could upload movies!

So where is a good place to host these movies?

Guy