HybridZ

Need advise on a 300Z twin turbo rear end swap from stock.

LS1240Z

I have a 71 240 that I'm swapping the rear-end out of.I have a 93 300Z twin turbo diff with the complete drive line and both cv shafts.The diff is bigger then the old one and the mounts on the rear are a little wider.I know I need to drill the holes on the mustache bar but how do I line up the diff perfectly with the driveline and tranny.Does it have to be perfectly in line?I'm not sure how to line it up on the height wise either.I am still lookin for a drive line shop in the local bay area that can shorten my CV shafts and put a flange on the end of the cv shaft that bolts to the other flange on the stub-axel.IM me if you know of a shop please.My cousin has the same set up with the 300Z diff swap but the owner of Concord Driveline who made them had passed away.His son runs the shop now and he says that he isn't able to do it.I had borrowed one of the shafts from him so I'm able to show them what needs to be done.I called like 3 shops and got denied on all of them so far.I know lots of guys have done this so it cant be impossible.Any advise on this would be helpful.Thanks

I'm not sure if it's a r200 or r230?I know it's out of a 93 300z twin twin turbo.I have good news though.I went back to Driveline of Concord and showed them the one I borrowed from my cousin and it was a little easier for them to understand what I was talkin about when I showed them my cousins CV shaft.I just got into 240Z's so I'm still learning about the different parts that I'm able to use.I was told that rear end is a little harder to blow up then the older ones so I bought it.I have about 350 to 375 HP to the rear wheels from a 01 LS1 and plan on putting out about 500HP real soon so I just didnt want to keep blowing up rear ends.Thanks for the help though. :P

If it is a R200 it should bolt in using the front mount and the rear mount bar from a later model fitted with a R200. You will need the heavier R200 bar, the R180 bar is not strong enough for your power. Same with the 300ZX CV joints, get them modified to fit.

Then you rear end should be pretty well bulletproof. 8)