HybridZ

stock ecu vs megasquirt

240zprace

i know nothing about this MS unit at all, new to this product. how much better is this compared to the stock ecu and with the MS unit could i install bigger injectors, so at idle my 240zt won't be extremely rich. also can this MS unit be fine tunned thru-out the rpm range (richening or leaning). is this MS unit used with or without stock ecu (for ex.. stand alone unit)

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

Get this buddy "Anything is better than a stock ECU". If you dont have a grand to go full standalone. Do your home work and put together a Mega...

Poke! I like my stock unit.

Hey we are close enough to race each other, maybe this could turn into a friendly rivalry. :twisted:

I should be ready by springtime to head up to Denver and see what you are up to.

I'm looking forward to it. It's hard for me to get out, work and family...

hey sleeperz' date='

what kind of turbo are you running to get 313rwhp @ 16lb of boost?[/quote']

It's a stock T3 turbine with a TO4B V1/V2 trim compressor. It works pretty well, but I may upgrade to a Stage 3 with a TO4E 50 trim after a while.

also can this MS unit be fine tunned thru-out the rpm range (richening or leaning). is this MS unit used with or without stock ecu (for ex.. stand alone unit
Yes Megasquirt is laptop tuneable through out the RPM range. It is a stand alone ECU that will replace your stock unit.