HybridZ

What a moron!

auxilary

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

Wow, what a moron indeed. I figured it had to be good because Aux was so blunt.

Now, I normally do something fairly similar when I change my oil...

After I drain the oil, I put the plug back in and add a quart or two of oil (depending on which engine I am doing) and pull the distributor lead off the cap (and pull the plugs with any engine other than my V8 ) and crank the motor over a few times and then drain the newly added oil. Commonly I get a pretty good amount of extra crap out, and I am not aware of any real problems with doing it this way. What do you all think?

BTW, I too can appreciate the avatar, but can we be careful with those? I'd hate to not be able to browse HybridZ at work because everyone decides they want to see how much flesh they can show in an avatar.

I thought we were supposed to keep stuff on here family friendly. :?

she is gone but not forgotten. :cry:

as for your method nic, you're actually adding oil, and as long as you don't just sit there and crank until tomorrow that shouldn't wreck anything. i ususlly just run the engine for about five minutes after parking from a decent ride and just figured getting everything that warm the drainage would take care of itself.

I have the wierdest craving for Jello.

!M!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

dan....if it's the jack and coke causing you to bring us these visual delights, CAN I BUY YOU A DRINK???? :cheers:

you and silicone boy are my unofficial "members of the year"!!! :hail:

Guest BigWhyteDude

Don't quoate me on this. But an older family friend/shade tree mechanic (in his 60's or so) told me that when you change your oil to really clean the engine out you can take Deisel fuel and pour it in to the oil pan. Use however many quarts the car needs and run the car for 10 or so minutes and then drain the deisel out of the oil pan. and suposedly alot of the deposites and gunk and sludge will come out with the deisel. Then just put oil back into the car.

This is what i was told by him a couple of years ago. I have never tried it but was kind wondering if it had any merit to it. :?:

I know that deseil is really just a low viscocity oil so maybe its true, maybe its not.

Andrew

I once used diesel fuel in an engine that smoked badly. The truck had been owned and driven by an elderly man that never drove more than 30mph, and very seldom left town.

Needless to say the engine was full of sludge. The truck itself looked good and I planned to change the engine anyway. So I drained the oil and filled the crankcase with diesel, then drove it around town for about 20 mins.

After I changed the oil, the engine never smoked again. I assume the rings had frozen and were allowing excessive blowby that was causing the engine to smoke.

If I hadn`t planned to change the engine, I NEVER would have tried this. I just figured if it didn`t work, I was only out the cost of an oil change and a gallon of diesel.

BTW... The guy that bought the truck from me is still driving it 3 yrs later with no smoke or trouble.

The diesel idea has some merit but I have never run diesel only I have let an engine idle for 5 minutes or so with a mix of diesel and oil 50/50. Then done an oil change driven it for around half an hour and than did another oil change. The lifters and oil consumption pretty much quit. Even ran smoother. Not something i would practice regularaly or suggest though.

Drew

Guest BigWhyteDude

so its something one might try on an older engine? I kinda half way thought it was a bad idea but, i guess once every 60-75 thousand miles might not be to detrimental to the engine?

Andrew

I have the wierdest craving for Jello.., !M!

I had the overwhelming desire to get a tube of silicone out of my toolbox, and while I was at it; to also rotate my tires? :shock:

Rotate Tires comment....(old Tim Conway/Carol Burnette office skit w/Carol Burnette as Miss.Hawiggins, the secretary, and Tim Conway as her Boss).

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)