HybridZ

I'm an idiot....

Mikelly

:D I've been telling everyone who would listen that this Vette is a PIG at 3700#s... Seems I was mis-informed... It weighs 3200#! :shock: Now I feel much better about spending money to make it go faster...

Oh, motor plans have changed... We are now looking at building a BLOWER motor instead of N/A... :roll: Seems that we'll be able to build a better and stronger powerbase for less, and then SC it!

This is gonna be cool... But there goes my 28MPG on the highway! 8)

Mike

Guest BigWhyteDude

forgive the ignorance but what is the dif in an after cooler and an inter cooler?? Is it just placement before or after the compressor?

Andrew

forgive the ignorance but what is the dif in an after cooler and an inter cooler?? Is it just placement before or after the compressor?

Andrew

No difference. I think the term "aftercooler" comes from the supercharger world. They are both mounted after the compressor (by necessity).

If you're building a new motor for a SC, can I have your old LS1 to put in my "new" '93 RX7-my wife got one for me for XMas? Love her. I like the TT motor, but I'm told they tend to grenade past 70K miles, so I'm overdue (at 80K miles). I know it's a swap that's been done before, and at 2800 pounds, it should be fun. On the other hand, the last thing I need is another project car!

they wont blow up unless you dont take care of them.

change the fuilds on time at 2500miles, run good oil, not Syn, also make sure u run good fuel, and all parts are in good working order and u will be fine!

those FD's are cool cars man!

mike

Mike, I was just kidding-my life would be in mortal danger if my wife found out about any plans for yet another engine swap. The thought has crossed my mind, though. Maybe I could do it in secret so she wouldn't know. I could tell her the rotary blew up and replace it with an LS1. She wouldn't know the difference between the 2 motors if she saw them side by side :twisted: [/url]

Guest bastaad525

change the fuilds on time at 2500miles' date=' run good oil, not Syn,

mike[/quote']

Okay wait a second I thought you WANTED synthetic oil for turbo and sc'd motors moreso than any other setups??? You telling me I'm blowing an extra $20 an oil change for nothin? Is this one of those debates that will never have a satisfactory conclusion?

Hell with as much as my motor has been puking oil anyways I think I'm gonna have to go back to running regular castrol.

Reminds me... I need to post a question of my own about oils... you guys just remind me :)

I probably shouldn't mention the fact that I've JUST PURCHASED a COMPLETE Z06 Suspension to swap into this car then, should I??? Should be here next week! $390 for everything. Now if I could find a deal on a decent Super Charger kit for this beast!

Mike