HybridZ

ZXT in WOT in 2nd sounds like starship Enterprise

Guest jjohart

Guest jjohart

I've got an 83 ZXT with an intercooler and Greddy boost control/DSM blow off valve. All systems check out ok post install (no leaks, BOV works fine), but on an evening ride tonight, I noticed if I was pushing high boost in second gear, if I push in the clutch quickly there's a whooshy-clich kind of sound like the original Star Trek series when the ships pass by (e.g, .."to boldly go where no man has gone before!"..wosshhhcccck!). What I am most afraid of is the possibility that this is detonation, especially b/c I'm not sure that this is the same sound (never heard it before). I'm pretty sure that this only happens when I come off full throttle in second gear, though I've not had time or space to try other gears (it doesn't do it in first)...any diagnosis?

Thanks

John

That would be your blow off valve. Detonation, pinging, etc... does not sound like a woooosh at all. Not to be an a**, but when you install parts (or have them installed) you should make sure how they are supposed to function. That way you will know if they are operating properly or not. :-D

Have fun with it. Sounds like nothing is wrong at all. :2thumbs: