HybridZ

How to attach fuel fittings...

80LS1T

I am thinking about upgrading my fuel pump and fuel lines to accomidate the LT1's fuel needs. I dont think I'm having any fuel delivery problems but I would still like to get a new pump and some new lines.

I have 3 questions...

1. How do you attach those "compression" style fitting that are used with steel braided hose, to a hard line? Another words how am I going to connect them to the hard lines on the fuel rail? I have those quick disconnect fittings on it now with rubber lines that are connected to the original stock hard lines.(Not the safest thing in the world I know, thats why Im upgrading! :D )

2. What fuel pump should I go with? I can still use an inline one like the stock one right?

3. What size of line should I use? I might upgrade later with some engine parts so I think 500HP would be the max for this car.

Thanks,

Guy :D

Guy,

Here is what I'm doing:

I am using the quick connect fittings (OEM Z28). I then use fuel line with hose clamps over those (they have ribs on them), which are connected to my aluminum fuel line. I'm using 3/8 feed and 5/16 (I think) return with the MSD inline pump, like this one:

msd-2225.jpg

Tim

Fuel Injection Fittings to Fit Chevrolet

LT-1, LT-4 & Ls 1 made from aluminun billet to -6AN will snap on stock rails.

Part # Price #

5800 $39.95 pair

call them

Pure Choice Motorsports

2155 W. Acoma Blvd.

Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

(928) 505-8355 tech line & fax line

(888) 505-8355 order line

I hope this helps