HybridZ

P90A Rocker Retainer Springs - LOST.

Jersey

Hey all. Finishing the build on my cousins L28ET, rockers on, ask him for the retainer springs... he lost 'em :evil: Yep, so now i have to find a set for his P90A and just wondered if anyone knew of a good place to get 'em? Also, does anyone know if they're the same between the P90 and P90A? Thanks.

The springs are all the same, but, is this one of the funky P90A's without hydraulic lifters?

Hydraulic lifter heads don't use the springs.

You are referring to the springs that go on the back side of the rocker arm, and connect on either side of the rocker pedestal, right?

It's a P90A head and it's the retaining clips that hold the rocker arm to the Hydrolic Lifter or HLA. I'm not sure why they're even neccessary since the rocker is cupped around the ball headed HLA but i'm guessing it's some sort of saftey issue. Anyway, i appreciate the replies and the offer Joel. I called nissan and they're actually still available - $1.99/each. So my cousin make a $24 mistake and missplaced them. What burns me up is that they'll show up in about a month or two when the swap is all done! lol. Thanks again.

That's real odd. I know they were on there because we (he) pulled them off. Does the top side of your rocker arms have slots in them to accept the clips? Like i said, i really don't see much of a need for them since the HLA holds up against the bottom of the arm and the center part of the arm is held down by the cam? Anyway, weird why some P90A heads with HLA's would have 'em, and i guess some don't. Learn something new each day. The ZXT that it came out of was built in 10/82. I wonder if they ditched the idea later the prodution date ZXT's?

I'm just thinking AGAIN about it.... i think he has me thinking wrong and you guys are right... this P90A head didn't have the springs EVER. When we first bought his '78 280 about a month ago, someone used a larger tappet on one of the intake valves, which is why the Z always ran on 5cyl's and we got it so cheap :D , and we ripped the top part of that motor apart, and i do remember the springs on that N47 head. I bet since it's been about 2 weeks since we pulled this P90A off to have rebuilt, he's confused and is thinking of the N47 head! And to boot, he's got me pulling my hair out looking for them, saying i must have thrown them out! LOL. I will find out for sure if this is the case tomorrow but now that i'm thinking about it, i bet this is the case. I think the memory goes with old age first :) Sorry guys if this whole post was mis-information. Will confirm tomorrow.