HybridZ

indulged my other passion today

z-REX

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

Last time I had the itching to play something I ended up ruining my keyboard because I hooked up the wrong power supply. I am still trying to figure out where to try to get it fixed.

I'd like to get a guitar too, I played a friend's guitar before and loved it.

I don't know much about them, but that one sure looks purdy!

datsunlover.... nah, all passive. but it has so much range it's ridiculous, no dead spots anywhere, and it weighs nothing. you know you have a nice bass when it sounds good without plugging it in. 8)

nic... get one! it's your best friend when you're happy, pissed off, bored, stressed out, anything. my wife and i are gonna try to write some music, we have a really basic little home studio.

mike.. you play hard... wanna move to kingston? :twisted:

My brother plays a Rickenbacker(sp) with Alembic(sp) pickups. It's great for live performance, kind of harsh and brassey. He also has a Alembic(sp) for studio work. He also has a 1957 Fender Bass, serial number 00001. My daughter has an inexpensive Fender Jazz Bass as well as a full upright bass.

Nothing in the world quite like a quality instrument. I looked at and played a lot of sets before buying my current drum set. I spent a little more money that I had planned, but I can say it is one of the best investments I have ever made. We average 40-50 singings per year for the last 3 years, plus practices, and they still look good, play good and sound great.

Aaron, What did you end up with? I wanted some laquer finish drums and I had special requirements for sizes... So I ended up with the Mapex Mars series in burnt Orange marble in 8X8, 10X10, 12X12, 13X13, 16X16 and 22inch kick, with their snare... I already had a nice custom overhead cage for all my cymbles and percussion gear, and a camco double pedal, so I sold the hardware.

These are the most tunable drums I've ever owned, and I had DWs before these.

Mike :D

Mike, I had my heart set on a 5 piece set of Tamas, but I got a really good deal on a 6 piece Yamaha Beech Custom Fusion Set. At the time, it was Yamaha's top of the line premade set. It is red laquered, 10x8, 12x10, 14x14, 16x16, 20x18, and 14x5 snare. They tune pretty easy and hold there tune quite well. For some reason I have always had trouble tuning 14" toms, and this one is no exception. I mess with it more than anything else. I also got Enduro cases and a Gibralter Rack (all the toms are mounted) and throne with backrest (well worth the money!). Yamaha Hi-Hat and Double Pedal (it is kinda cheap, but it works). And I had a Zildjian ZBT 14" HH, 16" Crash, 20" Ride, and a Wuhan 14" Crash. The ZBT's are a little bright for my tastes, but I had to save a few dollars on them.

Since I bought it, I have added a Zildjian 8" K Splash, a Sabian "Alien Disk", a Pearl Tamborine, and a full set of mics with a mixer.

I am looking to replace the ZBT's (probably with some similar K's) at some time, because they really don't suit my taste anymore.

I use Sabian AA and HH cymbles except for the two Wuhan Lion chinas...12 & 16s... I also use the Sabian 13inch fushion hats, some DP Chimes, blocks and cowbells, and I've got a Rogers Marching snare and the same throne with backrest you mention.

My Rogers Snare is a custom unit and requires a bit of tuning but is done when you get it set. It will go for over a month without coming out of tune...

I've got all the mics still but I don't have the mixer anymore... But I have some awesome monitors and some other studio stuff...

I had a part time studio for 7 years.

Mike

mike... mapex drums rule!!!! all i ever get to play is my friend's pearl export kit. he's been drooling over mapex kits since the last time we were in a band together.

spdsk8r.... no $#it.... i traded my rickenbacker to get my new spector! i loved it back when all i played was heavier stuff, but now i'm into other things so i needed something i could smooth out the sound on when i needed to. i'd love to get an upright one of these days.. and your daughter has one of the only fenders i like. i hate friggin' p-basses.... i think they make the necks out of hardened cardboard. :cuss: i had one (firstbass) and the damn thing twisted up like a pretzel.

i can't take my hands off this new bass. :D