HybridZ

MAN DOES THAT HURT

denny411

Well I`ve managed to injure myself AGAIN. :roll:

While installing a new window regulator in my Moms van, I managed to drill a 1/4" hole in the end of my middle finger.

I was trying to drill out one of the rivets but it kept turning on me. So... being the Einstien that I am, I had the bright idea to put some lateral pressure anganst the back side of the rivet.

It worked ALMOST as I had planned. :oops: The drill cut right through the rivet and into my finger before I had time to release the trigger on the drill.

WHAT A DUMBA$$ :roll:

:lol: Ouch! I did something similar. During a finishing job I had, I was routing out some jambs to install the hinges for the doors early morning one day. Well, there was about 18 doors in this house, so there was 36 hinges that needed to be routed out plus the strike plates for the door knobs, so three screws per hinge for the jamb side and two per strike plate comes to about 180 screws for all the hardware. You have to pre-drill each hole with a self centering bit. After the first 50 or so screws I kind of went into this robotic daze and just did the job without much thought.

So here I am, early morning and tired when I feel this pain in my left thumb right on my nail. I look down and I guess my trigger finger for the cordless screw gun was a little fast and my other hand a little slow, because I had just predrilled right through my thumb and hit my bone with the drill bit. :?

!M!

Aight I'll top those. I ride bike trials (not motorcycle trials, but bike trials) and anyway I have a little funky 20" mod bike. The freewheel is in the front and the chain always spins. The bike also has almost no seat and when you do sit its so low you cant pedal and your hands can almost touch the ground. Anyway so Im riding home and the chain is loose from hitting it on some walls and i just kinda slapped it to see how bad it was(stupid) the chain grabbed my glove and ripped my finger around the sproket under the chain. Needless to say I spent 2 hours in surgery and my pointer finger is now .5" shorter.

Been there done close to that. When I was 5 yrs old, my mom picked me up at the neighbors and put my bike in the trunk of the car.

After dinner I went outside and wanted to ride my bike. Since everyone else was still in the house I decided to get it out of the trunk myself.

My mistake was pulling on the front wheel and the chain. When the pedal hit the edge of the trunk it rolled my right middle and index fingers into the rear sprocket.

When my mom heard blood curdlling screams from outside, she ran to see what was wrong. She tried to get into the tool shed to find a wrench but my dad had locked it before he left for work.

The only way for her to get me loose was to roll my fingers the rest of the way around.

Even though it was 30 yrs ago, I remember it like it was yesterday. To this day That has to be the worst pain I have ever felt.

Hey, here is one for you guys. I do a lot of finish carpentry and use pneumatic nailers. I bypass the safety feature on all my guns, otherwise it just makes it more difficult to make precision shots with the guns, because you have to put pressure on the peice that you want to shoot and it sometimes moves just when you shoot screwing up the peice your working on. So in otherwords, the guns are always hot, you pull the trigger and it shoots. In the many years of using pneumatic guns, I can count the incidents on one hand. Well, I was finishing up a foyer and installing a peice of base. I was squating down placing the peice of base in it's spot on the wall with the 2" finishing gun laying on its side on the top of my leg. I get the base positioned and reach for the gun without looking where I'm grabbing. I grabbed the back of the gun and the lifted it up, which pointed the front of the gun directly on top of my leg. My finger slipped and I grabbed the gun again... then I accidently pulled the trigger sending a 2" 16 gauge finishing nail right into the top of my leg. A few curse words, some digging with the pliers and some duct tape to patch it up and all was back to normal.

!M!

Ouch man. I've done lots of silly things and hurt myself! About two months ago, I went to help my buddy load up a front and rear axle for his jeep. I picked up the front axle by the steering knuckle. He picked up the rotor/hub on the other end. As soon as we picked it up, the steering bar/drag link swung and pinched my left middle finger. Cut/pinched right beside the nail, and took out a 1/8" chunk off! (insert swearing here) Man I hate woundng fingers...