HybridZ

Paint for the widebody Z I recently bought

Bob_H

Ok, some of you followed the short photoshop thread in off topic here:

http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30252

I am still trying to get a silver color on the car, but to no luck so far. With the base of purple,(the real color), I just can't photoshop a lighter silver, such as BMW's Titanium silver, or some of the silvers with blues in them.

Here is the original:

album_pic.php?pic_id=2816

And the first attempt at Copper:

album_pic.php?pic_id=2814

And the hybridz work from redruM,(shows the Copper better):

album_pic.php?pic_id=2815

I am undecided between the Copper, a Silver, or a Silver/Blue such as on the Nissan Sentra Spec V or the new EVO VIII.

My problem with photoshop, other than my being completely inept with it, is that I can't get the lighter colors, i.e. silver, to show well. The purple dominates the picture. I think using the first copper example might allow a graft of silver better - but at this point, I am photoshopped out, not to mention I can't even come close to getting the paints to look like these two.

So my question? What color would you choose? If you feel so inclined, go for it with photoshop and bring your best. I would really, really, really like to see a silver on the car.

I am leaving for a 6 month deployment tommorow,(tuesday morn). I will still have access to the internet, but at a reduced bandwith/opportunity. So if I could be so bold as to ask if you do a photoshop job, esp. in silver - could you also send a copy to the following e-mail address:

hanveyre@vaw121.navy.mil

That way I can see it sooner as we have what roughly amounts to a dsl modem,(about 700k), for the entire Aircraft Carrier.

Thanks guys.

And today I'll try to answer whatever questions you have about the car.

-Bob

leave well enough alone, i love that purple, black cherry color

While that is a cool color - no way, no how. I am not a fan of purple. And as long as it remains purple - it will still be Cleve's car, not mine.

I figure a new paint job, my engine, and some of my touches, and then it will truely be mine.

-Bob

just wondering...when painting your new car a drastically different color..do u guys do anything about the engine bay color?

GO BLACK

....meaning? :shock:

Love the car, Bob. I think it totally awesome. There was a 280Z here in Fremont for sale this weekend similar (same body and purple no less) to yours for $10K obo. The car had Centerlines instead of CCWs and who knows what kind of motor. I like yours better :D

Davy

I love the purple color and I have always loved the widebody, but the copper color. It does make it stand out, which is something this Z needs to do. Very good job at photoshop.

BTW, if at all possible, get the engine bay in what ever you decide on the exterior. It will add the touch of completion. I thought long and hard on this one. A black engine bay takes away from what has been done in that area. Just my Personal opinion, ofcourse.

Hey wanted to say I love your new acquisition. I am a big fan of the copper but what if you brightened it just a tad towards a more pearly orange. I love that car and hope mine will turn out almost as good. I have a 73 with the same body kit but definatly in need of some help. I am curious are your ccw's 17 or 18 in wheels. I really like them but I remember the car was sold with two sets and I wanted to know which ones were pictured. I also wanted to confirm weren't the flares on this car modified to accept larger wheels? Thanks for your response