HybridZ

1973 240 Z floor replacements

Guest naturalkav

Guest naturalkav

Hey, is there anybody who supplies replacement parts for rusted out floors, or is this a self-fabrication deal? Help!! only Fred and Barney propelled themselves by footpower.

I used the MSA pans, and would make my own if I had to do it again. My car had rust in areas not covered by the replacement pans. I had to re-weld the frame rails on the replacement pans because their welds just popped off (poor penetration). If you have good metal around the replacement pans, they might work better for you.

Get the Zedd Findings floor and frame kit. The 240Z kits have the same bends and drain holes as the early cars. It takes about 40 hours total to install them. I'll try to upload some pics after work.

They're made of 18ga steel and there's about 4"x16" of extra metal that you can use to repair any extra rust. The frame rail is a few inches too long, too. But that's a good thing. You can use that to patch the frame on the other side or just install it as a longer rail for more strength.

ZF also makes a kit for the 280Z.

Chuck

Ditto... Zeddfindings was excelent.

If you want, I have an extra set of the motorsport panels (the cheaper ones) that I'd like to sell. Shoot me a PM if your interested.

Ditto on Charlie's servive and the quality of his replacement parts. I put a set in during the restoration of my 240Z G-nose. The one thing missing were seat brackets. I had them made (they are identical to the original ones) and am now selling them both thru Charlie and on my website (to be launched in February and yes I'll finally be selling the gnose hinges too). Email me for now (see my profile) if you need a set of seat brackets before then.