HybridZ

BUILDING 468+ 240Z IN JAPAN!!!!! HELP CALLING ALL RAT EXPERT

Calling all RAT experts, I am in Japan and we are going to build a 240Z RAT 468 BB. We would like to know where to start and what we need for the 8 to 9 sec 1/4. We are basically tired of these turboed blender engines here. The fastest is mid 9's We are going to change that. Any help is appreciated. Money is not an issue. This will be a huge deal here in Okinawa so anyone wanting to get a mention inour build, just help us in anyway with parts, know how, links, hooking us up with the right people etc. This one small step for the 240Z and one huge leap for American racing!!!! Guys we are ready to launch this thing but we need to cover all the logistics etc....Z people lets do this! GRUMPY we could use your insight on this one!!!!!! 900 to 1000+ Big Block???? MOre later! Thanks in advance. PLease send any info to the following addresses: If you want to help us out with info etc...lets contact each other by E-Mail...

CorZette

Japan (Tired of the BS)

nono.gif

cry2.gif

rockon.gif

hail.gif

2thumbs.gif

If money is no object, just get a Reher-Morrison Super 468. Credit card and it's on the boat! If memory serves, they run about $10k US and make 800 hp on the motor. Add a 300 shot of N20 and you'll be in the 8's with a 3000# car. Scoggin Dickey has a 540 ci motor that will get you going as well...

Money no object? Great! Summit Racing is selling Bill Mitchell Hardcore Racing BBC engines. How does 925 hp in a 632 ci BBC sound? That's with no nitrous either, only $17,200. Actually, since you want a good BBC motor with some guts, they have 427 ci SBC to 540 ci BBC to 632 ci BBC engines. Just think what they can do with some spray...

You going with tube-framed chassis? Ron Jones could be a big help, also Jap Tin has a sweet runner that could help as well.

Good luck with the project!

Davy

Guest pvtkary
cheers.gif Dude im stuck in korea for a second. my job makes me travel a lot. unfortunatley my visa expires on oct 8. the project isnt going well. ill half to fly to narita, and hang in tokyo for a couple days to renew my visa. id be happy to lend any assistance i could. i dont know anyone in japan, and im out on the companys ticket. hit me back

now if you want a cheaper combo, build something like this 496 bbc

http://www.skunk.net/boatengines-496.htm

change the cam to a nitrous roller cam grind like this

http://dab7.cranecams.com/SpecCard/DisplayCatalogCard.asp?PN=138791&B1=Display+Card

add a 400hp nitrous kit and you should be very close to 1000hp

Guest Anonymous

you want the ultimate rat? call Dandy Dick Landy!he gets more power out of rats than anybody else. His engines kick ass!!! Ive seen a 440 of his running 780 hp all motor. read bout it somewhere.

Dick landy industries

18743 Bahama st., Dept EM

Northridge, CA 91324

(818) 341-4143

For a 468 Rat 8/9sec's Z you can use this set up.

It was a 10.0:1 Static Comp.Ratio engine-so it could even possibly be driven on the street; can someone say bucking bronco idle(?).

Anyway; this was an engine Westech put together & tested and ran in a "Chevy High Performance" magazine article.

Displacement: 468ci

Compression: 10.0:1 Static Comp.Ratio

Heads: World Products Merlin Iron, Oval Port Intakes

Intake Manifold: Weiand Team G

Carb: Demon 850cfm

Cam: Crane PN# 139651 Hydraulic Roller

Advertised Duration: 306/318 In/Ex

Duration @ .050": 244/256 In/Ex

Lift: .632"/.632" In/Ex

Lobe Separation Angle: 114

RPM HP Tq

3000 261 457

3500 309 463

4000 381 500

4500 465 543

5000 568 597

5500 602 575

6000 638 558

6500 622 502

Peak TQ: 598 @ 5100rpm

Peak HP: 639 @ 6400rpm

Build it and they will run. Now, Go get yourself a heapen helpin of rice.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

well to run 8s in a chevell will take as much work as a z bolt on devices aint gona do it so exspect to have ladder bars and a coil over at least.

also a small block will run 8s np if you go with a large displacement high compresion mill.

i ran 9.70's with a radicle street runing small block on the bottle in my z at 3000 pounds on the stock rear with a limitedslip center unit.