HybridZ

Homemade Rotisserie Ideas

EvilRufusKay

I`m interested in selling mine but it`s probably too large and costly to ship.

I really don`t have much of a use for it now since I have a lift in my garage.

Mine looks like two very large engine stands that are attached and face each other. The center telescopes for use with larger vehicles and it comes with all of the brackets needed for pre 79 280z`s and 70 to72 chevelles.

It is mounted on wheels. In fact i had my 71 chevelle on the rottisurie when I transported it to Alabama 2 1/2 yrs ago.

I`ve got 250.00 in materials and would like to recover that when I sell it. Otherwise I`ll keep it next to the garage in case i decide to use it again someday.

If you aren`t interested, maybe someone else closer might be.

I am willing to deliver for free up to 50 miles or so, but would need to get at least 30 cents a mile(round trip) to cover fuel time and food for the trip especially if it would require an overnight stay.

Rufus, That doesn`t sound too bad. I`ll try to post some pics to give you a better idea of what it is.

(edit) There is a link to some pics at the bottom of my sig. In the pics is my 71 chevelle. This body is much heavier than a datsun.

Although I haven`t tried it, I do believe that this rottisurie would hold a comlete 280z, including drivetrain and interior.

Like I said before, It easily made the 600 mile trip to Alabama with my chevelle, including full interior,glass,doors and decklid. I even had the trunk stuffed full of front suspension pieces.

The profile pic is exaclty how the car looked when I rolled it off of the trailer.

Nice shop Denny...Man I would love a lift but I know the guys I share my spot with would destroy the pump picking up their dump trucks!!

The rig looks very sturdy...I assume it comes apart in the middle. How long are the pieces? Fit in a pickup? Maybe in the back of a full size Bronco with the window down?

Between the metal and the casters I spent a little over $200 so that is a steal. I have access to a band saw, drill press and welder and it still was a pain in the ass since I'm no fabricator. Jump on that one for $325 and be done with it.