HybridZ

I'm Back....

MYRON

Good Morning All,

I have been out of the "Z" scene for several years now. Had a baby, changed careers twice and moved 3 times. I am finally getting settled back down here in Austin, Tx. I pulled my 78 project out of mothballs and I am in the process of RE-starting AGAIN my 2nd V8 car!. This time I will get her done. I look forward to getting caught back up and it is nice to see alot of familar names still here. I can still rember when this site was initally set up and there were only like 6 members, I was #4... things sure have changed and grown in 4 years. My hats off to all the "founding fathers" that have kept things working and growing over the years.

Anyway, it is nice to be back and on the "upswing" of life. I can say that life throws many curveballs and if you keep it real and NEVER GIVE UP things WILL get better. Just dont give up hope!

Myron

member#4

BACK IN THE SADDLE

Thanks guys,

I am still trying to get settled into my new house. It is located in a very small town just south of Austin called Kyle. It is a rental so I cant do everything that I want to the garage to get all my gear set back up but I will find way to at least get everthing functional. I have an 80 gallon compressor and a big oven for powder coating that I need to get wired up. I have the car in the garage on a dolly so I can move it around to work on. It is just a shell right now and I have most of the parts for either an LT1 or a BBC... Cant decide how hairy I want to go just yet!....

Now all I really need is that monthly infusion on cash!... Things are going well with my new career so it wont be long before I have her going..

Thanks again for the warm welcome back

Myron

For those who don't know, Myron pioneered his Chevy swap the hard way--with no help whatsoever! You should have a website detailing losing the car after the flood, etc, to make people really appreciate what you went through to get the car you wanted.

BTW, I'm still not finished with mine :D

Welcome back!! :2thumbs:

Davy

Wow, You guys still remember!.... The car I am resurecting actually belonged to Darth. I got a screaming deal on it... Not a SPECK of rust!!!. It came with New doors and fenders fresh from the body shop and the interior has all been redone/re-dyed so it all looks new and shinney... I was a moderator back in the day but I guess after you drop out of site that kinda goes away. Whats up with the P-47 "JUG" pic??? I just finished a large RC one and sold it to my brother....

For those that dont remember, I had a 77 that was going together at a good pace when my house flooded and the car got about 18" of water. that doesnt sound bad, but the engine/tranny were in but no timing cover and no tranny dipstick... DOH!!! it got full of water and I had to push the car into the yard. Insurance didnt pay for anything relating to the car and I coudlnt work on it until the house was repaired... It sat full of water for about 6 months.... Good side is that ins DID pay nicely for the house which I re-did myself... I ended up putting 12K in the car after that.. It was aproximately 450HP and it would run 0-60 in about 4.5 sec and hit 117mph in the qtr..... Then the economy crashed and I had to sell it for 5750.00 total.....

How can I post a pic of it before I sold it... I am trying to hit the "img" button button but i am not having much luck.....

Myron [/img]

.. How can I post a pic of it before I sold it... I am trying to hit the "img" button button but i am not having much luck.....

Myron [/img]

Hit "img" then paste the url, then hit "img" again. That only works if it is hosted on a server. HybridZ can host it for you easily and you have 8(?) spaces available for your pics. You lost the ability to moderate when we switched over to our new format.

Again, welcome back!

Davy

Hey 0N3GO, You should hook up with HICKL.. He is a good friend of mine. We went to HS together and had some good times. He is in the Woodlands/Conroe area. His car hauls the mail and he got that thing finished quicker than just about anyone that I know..

Z-Dreamer still curious about the P-47 pic?

Thanks again guys...

Myron

Hey guys,

Darth bought a 50's era lead sled to restore. I havnt seen or heard from him since I picked up the Z car from him. Z dreamer I have built all the popular WWII fighters in 1/5 scale... Unfortunately they dont fly that great but they do look nice. I mostly fly scale Areobatic stuff in 1/4 scale now... I cant wait to start posting pics of the work in progress!... I am realling FEENING to get it on the road...

Myron