HybridZ

Megasquirt

383 240z

I have been runing on megasquirt from april of last year. It's a great piece of equipment. I converted my L26 from flattop hitachi carbs. I used an intake manifold of a 280Z and went from there. As for performance, 170 HP and 27 mpg. :rockon:

I've been driving mine to work for over a week now. Still a bit more tuning to do. Then I'll

take it to the track and see how it compares to my old carb...

stealth2.jpg

coldair.jpg

Holley Stealth Ram intake + fuel rails + FPR

LT1 throttle body

36 lb/hr injectors

Walbro fuel pump

MegaSquirt ECU

All for about $1000 8)

:cheers:

Don

I think I've got about 500 miles on megasquirt. It works great and got rid of all sorts of FI issues I had with the stock EFI system on my L28. It's pretty easy to tune and understand and was one of the best things I have done to the car.

I've looked at the stuff on the web and have seen several mentions of using a MAF sensor but none of the circuit diagrams show it. Have any of you guys seen anything or tried it. I've been considering using MegaSquirt instead of the stock PCM on my LT1. I'm just exploring the idea write now but it seems to have merit as I could do away with the requirement for a speed sensor and also reduce the cost for tuning software. What do you think? Is it worth a closer look or should I stick with the stock PCM which I already have?

Ken W.

Thanks Dan.

What about the requirement for a VSS? I'm not going to use the 4L60E that is in the donor car and I'll be removing all the smog equipment.

Do I still need a VSS?

Me thinks we high-jacked this thread. :confused2:

Yes, you need the VSS. Does losing the 4L60E mean you are going with a stick? If so you have no worries. T5's and T56's come with them and Tuner Cat allows you to choose which VSS you have (there are different types).

If you plan to use a turbo 350 or an M21/22 (can't imagine why you'd want to JMHO) then you will need to buy a cable driven VSS.

Dan,

You're right we did hi-jack this thread so I PMed you with other follow on questions.

Sorry to hi-jack.

If anyone else is interested in my other questions for Dan let me know and I'll either start another thread or the admin can make it public some how.

Ken W.