HybridZ

Had an Idea for Front fender vents

Trevor

Was walking through the parking lot a few months back, thinking of a source for Ferrari and Cobra inspired fender side vents. Came across these - can you guess their origin?

album_pic.php?pic_id=2916

Propped them up against the fender with a bit of "handyman's secret weapon", I think they need to go lower, but the trim strip is in the way on this car.

Don't like those at all. They don't go with the flow of the other lines. I have thought of 79-81 camaro side vents from their front fenders. Look nice and have a slant to them that would better follow that body line. Just cut the steel 2 inches around right off of the fender and graft it on. Just a thought?? :roll:

I, too, was inspired by the AC Cobra as well as a Tomohawk kit car I saw the other night. I believe that the kit car had stock 280Z hood vents 'glued' somehow into the fender at about mid-wheel height. They are very cheap and plentiful at our JYs, and I'm contemplating this application on my 240Z.

My chiropractor said he saw a Z in San Diego with those Camaro Z28 fender grilles mounted in the upper plane of the fender (as on the Camaro), and that they looked nice; but, I think my idea of the 280Z hood vents is less obtrusive (i.e. cleaner).

It just scares me to cut a big hole in very clean fenders! Wish I had BlueovalZs courage!!

Guest G-nose240z

I always liked the look of the bmw z4 fender emblems. they have the circular z4 emblem insert. i think the diameter is the same as the datsun

hood emblem. i was thinking of making the switch with the emblems and then hand over the fender to a good bodyman to finish the cutting/installation.

cheers.

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

I agree, those dont really fit the body lines. I would think the later model M-Roadster or Z3 vents would look good. The fender is even a similar contour.