HybridZ

Anyone here used the Microtech EMS?

Garrett76Zt

Search doesn't work so . . . Just curious. There is a local shop here that does alot of SR20 swaps and he swears by the microtech Engine Managements Systems. They are an australian company that just came to the US not long ago. It can be operated with a laptop or handheld interface. It can manage stock ignition or provide coil packs. Also it is wide-band compatible. Manages ignition and fuel. The best part is that he can hook me up for around $800-900.

ANyone ever used it or know anything wrong with this setup? He said its used on alot of high-powered skyline in aussie

Thanks,

Garrett

my Z will be sporting it, Alex ordered it already for my L28ET..

its one of if not the best management systems out there now, very easy to tune and has all kinds of features.

mike

oh come on.. if you didnt have me to talk to you wouldnt have ANYTHING to do... poor poor little boy :D..

but man talk to Alex.. Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

he might help ya out abit. he knows all about these systems and can maybe get ya a good deal also!

mike

yeah i would say its better then SDS.

not that SDS is a bad unit, it isnt, its a great unit.

microtech you can tune with the handheld unit or a laptop.

ill let alex chime in as he knows alot more then me.

mike

Guest MistaFosta

Just wondering, has anyone had any issues using this for a v8 with sequential injection? It only uses 4 injector drivers, so that wouldnt allow for the sequential to work anymore. Wouldnt that let the fuel settle, or does it matter?

I noticed that they call out the SR20 in thier application list, they don't call out DET, but I'm assuming it is. Thier system looks to be a good deal. I've been looking into the APEXi Power FC for my SR, but I think I like the MicroTech system better. Looks to be more user friendly and they supply a base map, specific to the engine being controlled, for immediate start up (enough to get the car to the dyno for tuning).

How many people here have experience with thier EMS?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Simon

I dont know much about Microtech EMS but i am using the Wolf 3D, also an australian company. Which is very good. Laptop and/or hand controller, very easy to setup and tune

if you have any Q's let me know

• 1 month later...
Guest miloz31

Yeah, I'm currently using a JWT 500hp setup on my Z31 Turbo, but will probably switch to the MICROTECH LT12S. So it only cost $800-$900 for the LT12S? Where did you guys purchase it for that price? Later

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

I sell the Microtech stuff, as well as Haltech, AEM and a few others. For the money the M/T stuff is the best. I can do LTX-8 systems with the lap top hardware for $960.00 and that will run most applications fire multi coils built in 2 bar map 12's are just a bit more and features are the same except they can fire more outputs for coils and injectors. I think I see a match race when you get those Z cars running. If any of you have more spacific questions hit my on my messenger or post a private message.

Alex C

AIM:boostmyride

Guest miloz31

I want to purchase the LT12S with the following hand held controller, laptop adapter, 3bar map sensor and Air temp. sensor. Let me know ASAP. Thanks

Hey there Alex, thanks for the info...... I was just wondering if you could point me towards any entry level documentation on your product, explaining capabilities and needs in layman terms? I wont need the hardware for at least 6 months, but I am doing a lot of the groundwork now, and some in depth info would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Tannji