HybridZ

Insurance Rates for 1st time drivers

zguy95135

who happen to have a Z. Im going to be getting my permit pretty soon and insurance is becoming an issue. I was talking to CJarlo on AIM and he said he was paying about $1200 for 6 months! I dont know if I can afford to pay for the insurance myself :( . If you guys have suggestions on what to do about this PLEASE reply. BTW how much does insurance for a 5.0 Mustang cost, and how much money is expected from a part time job at minimum wage (monthly)?

how many cars on your parents plan? how many drivers?

i have full coverage and have 4 cars to 3 drivers and i pay 40 something a month.. got lucky i guess.

if you can keep less then 3500 or so miles on the car a year then you can keep the price down by alot.

mike

also put your parents under the primary driver of the Z (if its cheaper that way) and if you have a "safe" type car in your family then let your parent put you under that car.

and if you can do the miles then look into classic car insurence rates..

mike

I called to inquire about insurance rates for my 1971 240Z about 6 monthes ago and for a male driver with no insurance discounts and a $300 deductable for collision/comprehensive it was $165 a month (CDN) which is about $125 USD. I believe this was for the car's use to be to/from work or school in excess of 15km's with no limit on mileage. Unless you get classic car insurance I wouldnt think you have a limit on mileage but it could be different in the states.

I suspect yours couldn't be any worse than our 16 year old on full coverage to drive his MR2... 93 model... Non turbo Ttops... Anyway, To add him and his car to our policy (Car is in our name) was just under $1100 per year and that was with coverages of 300K/500K/ 300K, $250 deductable, and $50 for towing and glass breakage.

Of course, that also means he can drive my 350 chevy powered Lowered GMC, the 250-ish HP Mustang GT... and My 99 C5 Vette! :shock:

Only thing we have he isn't covered to drive is my 98 ZX9R Ninja.

Mike :lol: