HybridZ

Twin Turbo 383 Chevy Pics

Turbo Meister

Ronin and Znow white, thanks for the comments. Mike and Austin, thanks for the offer but I think I'll keep the engine because one can never get enough Horsepower.

I dropped the engine and trans back into my Z today and hopefully will start her up tomorrow. The hardest part will be to let the new rings seat before I punch it. 8)

Hanns

Nion,

If you are refering to the turbine housing, yes it is big. Too big in fact to allow a quick spool-up. But once it starts going there is no stopping it. A friend is allowing me to use these turbos for free so I cant really complain. I have tried to find some smaller turbine housings for the existing compressors but parts for old Rajay turbos are becoming harder to find. Turbonetics now owns Rajay but their people are not very knowledgeable about their older products.

Hanns

As impressed as I am with the motor, my favorite part is the intake housing. Is that aluminum, stainless, and what did it cost to fabricate?

Ben,

The box is 3/16" aluminum I cut out of a sheet that cost $20 at a salvage yard. I used 3/4" bar stock, for $5, as a locator for the 16 bolts that hold the lid. The 90 degree 2.5" pipe bend for one inlet was $25. The other inlet uses a piece of 2.5" fabricated pipe that cost $5 ( for 3 feet ). Welding everything together cost $40 labor. Attaching the turbos and realizing everything worked without leaks....Priceless :-D

Hanns

where do i go to see these pictures? i am confused. i cant find them.
Welcome to Hybridz. You will find this a great place to learn about building fast Z's. Recently the format of this web site was changed. Unfortunately, the photo album section was deleted in the process. I hope it's only temporary for I will re-post my pics as soon as this function has been re-enabled. Good luck.

Hanns

Thanks for the explanation. I was searching all over this site trying to find the "albums" (our firewall won't let me see the photo) and I was about to pull my hair (what little I've got left) out trying to see this picture.
Terry,

After the conversion of this site I can't even see my own picture on my post. I hope things get squared away, soon.

Hanns