HybridZ

I'm a home owner!!!

Z-Dreamer

Thanks everyone! :D I bought the home as an investment and a place to live. It is a three bedroom, one bath with a one car garage, but it does have alot of paved driveway. The Sacramento housing market has remained hot with no cooling in sight. With a kitchen and bath remodel, I should be able to sell it in two to three years and walk away with enough cash to put a large down on a larger piece of property.

Mark

Thanks everyone! :D I bought the home as an investment and a place to live. It is a three bedroom' date=' one bath with a one car garage, but it does have alot of paved driveway. The Sacramento housing market has remained hot with no cooling in sight. With a kitchen and bath remodel, I should be able to sell it in two to three years and walk away with enough cash to put a large down on a larger piece of property.

Mark[/quote']

Buying a home is one of lifes changing moments, congratulations Mark!!! I hope you were able to avoid PMI, was the 50K enough for 20%? You could always avoid it with a 2nd loan too, in case you didn't already know. Since you're thinking of turning the house over in a few years, what kind of loan did you get? 5/ARM or interest only?

With your construction skills, it seems like this can really pan out for you. People are going nutso over kitchen remodels, hardwood floors and crown molding. Just doing those minor things along with paint can easily fetch a quick premium. If you can do the work yourself, you just saved 3/4 of the cost so you'll be way ahead.

BTW, do you offer contract discounts to fellow Z owners who own homes? :D

Now just fight the millages rate increases with all you have.,

if you ever get your house payed for you need to know that in a worse case situation you have a roof over your head if you can just swing some utilities. Our govenment has made it so if you do own it and cant pay the outrages taxs every year they will take it! :evil:

Dave240Z,

The loan is a 3/1 ARM fixed @ 4.5% with no points. I put 5% down so I do have PMI, but not for long...

I only paid 150K for the place and it appraised for 190K.

I figure I can add another 30K in value to it for less than 10K.

I'm working on it now so I can move on the February 28! :shock:

I do give remodeling discounts to those who pay CASH! :D

Mark

ps. Any help in moving would be greatly appreciated!