HybridZ

Looking for a short shifter

Guest Anubis

MSA has one for the Nissan T-5. NOt sure if it works with the turbo 5-spd. though.

Nissan T5 is the turbo 5 speed.

B&M Ripper for a Mustang T5 bolts right up and is an excellent shifter. You can get them used off eBay sometimes for less than $100. It also compensates a little for the forward position of the tranny in an S30.

Guest Paul Felker

I used a steeda tri-ax shifter on my z, i LOVE it. if you are on a budget then go on ebay and get a stock mustang shifter, they are cheap and they are a vast improvement over the stock nissan one, i was going to just get a stock mustang shifter off ebay, but when i looked for one there wasnt really too much out there at the time, so i bought the steeda one

Yea, to be honest, I'm learning as I'm working on this project. I sent Top End an email asking them about rebuilding my L28ET to hold around 350-450hp to the wheels, which I've been told should be no problem for the motor.

Any guess on how much it might cost? Or suggestions on going another route?

Yea' date=' to be honest, I'm learning as I'm working on this project. I sent Top End an email asking them about rebuilding my L28ET to hold around 350-450hp to the wheels, which I've been told should be no problem for the motor.

Any guess on how much it might cost? Or suggestions on going another route?[/quote']

You won't find much support for TEP here. Lots of claims and hot air, not much in terms of real performance. 400+ hp is still the cutting edge for a 2.8 liter, although there are a few 3.0 liter L28s running those numbers. Heavily built and expensive engines - think balancing, block, crank and rod prep, forged pistons, ARP hardware, but probably most important is cylinder head prep.

Stock will do 400 at the crank; past that is $.