HybridZ

Problems I am having.. and others I solved..

Wouldnt you know it. A brand new exhaust gaskit GONE.. I had a exhaust leak.. A bad one.. right under my T-stat housing. It was leaking a small amount on top of my exhaust mani and blew out the gasket. Well Tonight I replaced the T-stat housing gasket , the Exhaust gasket , put a brand new FPR in( THANKS WARREN-CUSTOM LOCK-) and replaced the AFM And a new 02 senser. I replaced the AFM , FPR and 02 senser cause I am getting something weird happening while driving. Under acceleration it drives perfect. but during cruising or just staying at a steady rate of speed it will be fine and then start missing and bucking. If I blip the throttle like 2 times it straightens right out and drives fine for a little while and then does the bucking again. I am at a loss to what it is. Anyone ever had this happen to you?? Thanks for any advice I may get..

Coil is a MSD and ignition is MSD 6al. I checked spark. it is good. I have new NGK plugs. Cap is good and wires are not old. I Just took the filter out and blew it out. I didnt see really anything clogging it. but who knows. I have a fuel pressure gauge on my rail. At idle I am reading 28-30 when I give it gas ( not under a load) It goes up to about 38 or so. I am rigging another FP gauge to go up to my windsheild so I can look at the pressure when the problem actually happends. I hope to find the grimlin before the event.

• 1 month later...
Guest 240Zdragon72

I have done a search, but nothing came close. My 240 has the 280ZX L28 engine and I was woundering why my car would start but die in the run position. I just put a new ignition switch on yesterday and still the same problem. One source says that I should cut the run wire and mate it with the start wire. (atleast that is what I got from http://www.zhome.com/tech/StockToZXIng.jpg ) Totally bypassing the ballast resistor. It is not like that on my car. Should I give this a try? Maybe I should run all new wires in the ignition system? Any suggestions?

In much needed help.... :cry:

Guest 240Zdragon72

still the same problem. I am so frustrated now! :x what to do? New wires or try to mate the run wire with the start wire before it gets to the tach? :(