HybridZ

Custom center consoles, anyone?

Guest mexlife

Guest mexlife

Sorry, I couldn't find a better place to post this...

I'm planning on constructing a 'custom' duraglas or fiberglass center console, but i need some ideas!

Has anyone here done this before, and with what results? Post pics!

thanks,

Luis :twisted:

Just fab up your center console with 1/4" luan. Very easy to work with and very light. Then wrap it in whatever material you like. No need for fiberglass. If you are worried about weight, then just go running around the block a few times. :D

!M!

Luan is also called "mahogony plywood" or "underlayment". It is popular in the 1/4 inch thickness. It's light and easy to work with/cut. Use some 1/2 or 3/4 inch plywood scraps for gusseting. Get the scraps from local housing development.

I just cut my console straight off under the radio. I left the armrest for now to keep tools & nuts/screws in. I'll probably just lose all of it & cover the hump with quilted vinyl. I need a place ofor thefire extinguisher between the seats. Z-cars should never have had a center console to begin with. Just a place to stick the radio.

Guest 77vegasz

I made a custom console to house my B&M Sprt shifter. I used 20ga sheet

metal and covered the side in black upolstery vinyl and the top with aluminum diamond plate. It is not as light as fiberglass, but was easy to do and looks awsome. Let me know if you want to see pics.

Jon

Guest datsun280zmike

i made a stock center console in carbon fiber ...i just need to clear coat it and do a little sanding and it should be done...ill post pics once i am done

mike

Guest mexlife
I made a custom console to house my B&M Sprt shifter. I used 20ga sheet

metal and covered the side in black upolstery vinyl and the top with aluminum diamond plate. It is not as light as fiberglass' date=' but was easy to do and looks awsome. Let me know if you want to see pics.

Jon

Please PM me the pics! I'm very curious!

luis