HybridZ

First CA Legal LS-1 280Z

Many said it wasnt possable and even the referee. But today i successfully completed a LS-1 280Z engine change Referee Inspection in California. It was farly quick but i'll tell you how it went.

First I sat down with the Referee and he asked many questions about the equipment and i told him it was basicly a stock 98 Camaro. Then he asked about ABS and i said NO. Then we went out to the shop to test it on the dyno and wa-la passed with flying colors....CLEAN! We went back and completed the paperwork with no more mention of ABS or anything. Went to DMV Registered the beast and got my plates....WHOOT. :D:D Here is a bit of proof

registration3.jpg

Plate.jpg

It is possable to complete a California LS-1 Engine Change and i have the proof :!::!:

I would like to thank Hybridz.org, Speartech.com, LS1tech.com, Electro-Tech.com (help with Fuel Guage Circuit), Jeromio, Maichor, Phantom, Brad454, Summit Racing, Autometer, AutoTap, my Father and everyone else for there support.

Congrats Briguy280Z, I had to take one of my cars down to the Referee after I did a motor swap on one of my cars. It is not as hard as some people make it out to be. I would like to know how you got away with the ABS. I want to do a LS1/6speed swap into a 93 RX7 very soon so I will be down the same road.

Mike

8) :rockon::cheers::2thumbs: Thats great to hear! I bet Cyrus wishes he would have kept his now! Oh well hes got a nice little project now!

This has probably been asked but whats the deal with the ABS stuff? I understand the having to have all the emissions & OBD2 stuff but ABS? That has nothing to do with clean air......does it? Last time I checked it didnt! LOL

Guy