HybridZ

interesting sidepipes and grill on car on ebay

Guest Ziggy Vulcan

What kind of sidepipes are those? or are they custom? When I do my hybrid, I want to put sidepipes on. I think they look great and it will save me alot of work and fabrication.

I think. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm new to this.

Guest timhypo

I've found that the key to finding mail-order side-pipes that look good without the fake tubes is to look under Cobra kit manufacturers. The good ones run $5-700 though, but they look great.

Guest Anonymous

Timhyp0,, the key (Cobra side pipes) you found may not be able to fit the lock. Those Cobra side pipes are usually connected to four long tube headers exiting out behind the rear wheel which is about impossible on a Hybrid V8 Z since there is no room to get 4 exhaust pipe out to the rocker panel behind the front wheel. Maybe one large pipe but not four of them

Guest timhypo

D@mmit. I really wanna run an external collector as those look tough and functional. Once I get my swap halfway done (i.e. engine/tranny mounted), I'll look into it. Remember, nothing's impossible if you have enough, time, tools, and busted knuckles. Stupid frame rails... :D

Guest Anonymous

From your shorty headers or Rams Horns run a big single into 4 individual pipes. I suuspect that was done on the white Z on E Bay unless the engine is in the Scarrab position of which it appears. Those 4 into one collector and exhaust pipe maybe the real combination. What has my interest is that red car in the background with the clear head light covers.

Guest timhypo

I totally missed that car. Is that a G-nose? I'm also planning to put clear headlight covers on my Z (already have them, just need to get the car running and STOPPING) with chrome door trim surrounding the covers ala E-type jaguars. I'm a real sucker for those cool 70's styling cues...

Guest Anonymous

red car.. Must be a G nose with out something out front..the hood looks later 280 Z with plastic hood louvers.. the car looks Ferarri. The Z lights were meant to have clear covers.

It looks like a sweet ride - even for $7,000. It would probably take another $5-600 to get the speedometer and tach working correctly and then another $7-800 for all the AC stuff since it has none at all. I'm not sure I could leave it white though so I guess it would run me another $5,000 total to make it the way I'd like it. Still, $12,000 for a V-8 Z that is done well wouldn't be all that bad.

I am almost to the exhaust point on mine right now and have been thinking about side pipes due to extreme lack of room.the 2 1/2 inch system before hung way to low for a lowered car and hit way to often.What i hate about side pipes is that they stick out so far from the body(I can feel the ankle burns now!).I thought about cutting into the rocker panel,moving the pipe inside and covering it back up with sheet metal or a side skirt a la viper.Any feedback on this idea? Kinda scared to cut up stuff around there.

Guest timhypo

quicker240, I've thought about that as well, but the passenger compartment would be unbearably hot in the summer. If there was a way to do it, I'd do that though. Actually I read one of the tuner mustangs that has sidepipes (can't remember whose right now) has pipes that run down either side of the tranny and then do a 90 degree bend out the side skirt to give the illusion of pipes inside. That prolly wouldn't heat up nearly as much.

corzette, I, too, would love it if you could find some more of those taillights. What are they from? The sidepipes are nice too. I guess you're running headers? Any problems with leg burns? Ground clearance?