HybridZ

Need help choosing a color!!!

utvolman99

Okay guys, it is getting time for me to order my carpet and I need to pin down a color to paint my car! I keep going in different directions so I thought I would post some examples and get some ideas.

First off I think I have decide that my car will use with the MSA Aero II air dam, or the Air ducted urithane air dam from MSA with a fiberglass euro bumper (I love the look in the car below but cant afford the Kaminari air dam)

1042outdoor-iso02-med.jpg

I will be using the Aero II side skirts and the fiberglass euro bumber in the back.

I was originally going to go with black with tan leather seats and tan carpet to match. I have since been going back and forth between BLACK, ORANGE, GUNMETTAL and SILVER. Here are some examples below.

scotty1.jpg

spooky1.jpg

pmvc-005f.jpg

I also really like the way the second orange car looks without the front bumper. I think it would look good that way in any of my color choices except silver (dont ask me why).

I hate to say it but I'm almost leaning towards the orange even though it's not Tennessee Vols orange!

Like I said above I am leaning towards the orange. I am going to call the guys at leatheriqe tonight to see if it would be a good idea to die seats two tone. I think the car would look mean with two tone orange and black seats and door panels. There is a site where a guy does this to his Mark III and it looks okay. The only thing that bothers me is that his site showes the seats taped off but doesn't show them finished? Has to make you wonder? :roll:

A few ideas I've had,

Caddillac Diamond white with gunmetal wheels (w/fatty polished lip,) tail panel, bumpers. If you can, some gunmetal overfenders and clear headlight covers.

Supra Royal Saphire Pearl (RSP) again gunmetal accents.

I'm not a big fan of the orange, it just doesn't do the car justice, it looks too 'synthetic.'

i'm partial to the blue z myself. the problem with black, or any of the darker colors, is that they show dirt and scratches very easily. i'm a big fan of bright colors so i say go with the orange or silver. here is another silver 240 http://home.flash.net/~joeao/greg/zcar.html . as far as no front bumper, you would have to check the local laws to see if you can drive around without one. for me i'm still fighting with the idea of using a fiberglass bumper because if you do get into an accident there is nothing there to protect my z.

Yeah, that is the reason I am thinking of staying away from darker colors. When I was in college I had a 83 ZX. It had a really bad silver paint job. There were some spiderweb cracks on the hood and they really didn't do a good job prepping the car. Because of the color though the car still looked really sharp. I could go the whole winter without washing it and the thing would still look good.

that blue is fantastic!! i have been planning to use a very similar honda blue for my 280 daily driver... and that's pretty much what i want my 280 to look like. i have the same front spoiler for it, as well as 240 front and rear bumpers, but with msa fiberglass sideskirts and rear skirt.

if i get those flares from you, with that exception, you and i might have duplicate z's. i want that pearl blue, the MSA aero II kit, have the konig rewind wheels. should look pretty good. my only fear is, running 225-60-14 tires, the z might sit too high over the wheels.

that blue is sharp.

thing is ... if it were 1972 and, i had the cash ... the stock orange or the yellow green would be my choice. probably the orange ... drifting off in a day dream of buying a new orange 240z.

i always wondered why, the datsun new car smell has a tinge of sour milk to it ???

wayne