HybridZ

T3(60-1) Garrett Turbo Info?

240zprace

compressor: .70 A/R, 60 trim wheel

turbine: .48ar,.63ar,.82ar w/ 76trim stage lll turbine wheel

my question is what's all the .48,.63,.82A/R turbine housing is??????

it all fits a 76 trim stage lll turbine wheel, right?

are these the turbine size housings?

if so, what's the benefit of the larger housings (.82) vs .63 vs .48 A/R.

please someone explain to me the differences..... :roll:

The A/R is the ratio of the area of the turbine exhaust divided by the radius of the snail at the point you measure the area. Essentially it gives you an idea of the restrictiveness of the turbine - smaller A/R gives faster spool and limits the top end more. The factory Z turbo turbine is 0.63, and is a good one to stay with for a street Z up to 350-400 rwhp.

I used the stage 5 turbine wheel and machined the turbine housing to fit the larger wheel. I ran my car to 500hp and the spool was very good 23psi @ 3000 rpm, instant boost. the curve was so quick the car was almost uncontrolable at times, but it was fun. :D

Guest bastaad525

Sleeper... 350-400 from the stock T3? Is that what you're running? Seems kinda high... I mean not that I'd know from experience, just what all I've read on these boards, but I thought the stock T3 was good to maybe 300rwhp max? Not that I'd MIND if I can get 350 from it!! Heheh considering that's what I'm pretty much stuck with :)

Sleeper... 350-400 from the stock T3? Is that what you're running? Seems kinda high... I mean not that I'd know from experience, just what all I've read on these boards, but I thought the stock T3 was good to maybe 300rwhp max? Not that I'd MIND if I can get 350 from it!! Heheh considering that's what I'm pretty much stuck with :)

I'm getting 313rwhp on a BONE STOCK turbine. Of course my compressor is upgraded to a TO4B, and it's not the most efficient thing out there. There are better flowing options for a T3 turbine as well...you can clip a stock wheel, upgrade to a stage 3, get a 10 blade, machine the stock housing, etc...

Guest bastaad525

You know... I'm an idiot :-P I didn't read specifically enough. I was thinking bone stock turBO, whereas you guys are just talking bone stock turBINE. Yeah with different compressor sides of course that's a whole nuther thing. My bad. But bone stock turbo, stock compressor and all, is only good up to like 300rwhp max, right?

Guest ZmeFly

I can testify to what jeffp said, his car has CRAZZZZZZZZY acceleration. He took me for a little ride and we were at 100 in what seemed like no time.

It pulls so hard you could actually put a 20 on the dash and say if you can grab it its yours NOT!!

Gotta love that kind of power!