HybridZ

I am the sponge, You are the water.

Guest Wingnut

Guest Wingnut

Well, i suppose i'm the newbie to the site. Let me say that the wealth of knowlege here floors me! I have done searches and found some of your personal web sites on V8 conversions.....almost all of them had a link to this site. Well let me dispense with the bull. I own a 1998 Nissan 240SX. I've had the car for a little over 2 years now, and from day one have been saving for the SR20DET swap. I saved a little over 3k now, and after sitting down and doing a little budget work, i realize that i'm only half way there. Not only that, I'll be doing a motor swap on a car that i'm still making payments on! I love the way my car looks and handles, but it will never be a "scrape your eyeballs off the back of your skull" ride. Anywho...My first experience with a 240Z V8 was about a month ago. My roommate and I were both out on a ride (we both have CBR900RR's). We were getting on the on ramp when I heard what sounded like a rather healthy small block. To my amazement, it was the 240Z next to us. When the light turned green, we take off.....and I mean take off. After we reach 75 mph, we let off....the Z car didnt! He was behind us the entire way! If any of you have any experience with litre bikes, you know how fast they are/accelerate. This car kept up the entire time. He gave the thumbs up and hammered the gas. Anyway, I get home and start doing research, which has lead me here. My car is currently for sale (and possibly the bike too) to start this project. I can't wait to get started! I'll be the new "post whore" for a while. I'll be reading your posts as if the were the little pieces of paper that come out of chineese fortuine cookies! Cheers!

Sounds like someone out there has been "representin' " the HZ boyz!!

Cool.

Where are you located (Update your profile :D )?

Good luck with the project...and welcome!

(PS..moved to the appropriate forum)

Tim

Welcome to the site, If you have questions about conversions.. you have come to the right place.. So are you ditching the SR/240sx project and going with a 240Z/V8 project or are you putting a V8 in the 240SX?? At anyrate If and when you start looking for a 240Z.. Find a good clean minimal rust Z to start with.. it will make things a WHOLE lot easier on you in the long run.. Glad you have found the site and Good luck with soaking up as much info as you can.. I know I have and still am.. :D

No, the 240SX is for sale. So is anyone wants to trade..... :-D

DON'T TEMPT ME!

Right now I might just take 'boring and reliable' over "exciting and tempermental"!

Just kidding, of course.

(I think...)

Welcome to the site Wingnut, I too have a 240sx and it's a 97 same as yours. I was in your situation a while back and also wanted to do an sr20det swap or turbo my ka, but back then I knew little about the actual mechanics that went into a swap. What I did was kept my 240sx as a daily driver since it was my first car I bought with my own money and I love how it looks and drives. Then bought a 73 240z locally for $700 with a blown head gasket and RUST FREE (it has to be rust free or it would be a waste of time) and dumped about $3000 worth of parts including the engine. Now I have a v8z car that actually scares me when I floor the gas. And I learned so much when doing the swap and maybe when I have the funds I'll turbo my Ka on my 240sx or something. Hopefully I gave you a little inspiration :D . Well good luck! Also use the search button up top I couldn't have done it without it.

Jason

just a correction that is not a ls1!!! that is a supercharged lt1!!!

they said somewhere around 500-600hp from it pushing 15psi ?

procharger supercharger and he barely could get traction which is why he is now widebodying it out :D

he raced a r1 superbike in one of the videos and kept up with it neck for neck.

He's like the pinnical of 240z badasses!! Darius is my personal idol!!!

he's what got me into wanting a v8z