HybridZ

My LS1 Project motor...

Had a slight slow down in the LS1 porject motor we're putting together for the Vette. My builder had a heart attack a few weeks back. Got an e-mail from him lst night... He has envintoried the parts, and I'm still searching for a TC kit, a balancer, and I think that will do it. Just got a balanced and blue printed oil pump for it, but other than the small parts and the balancer (And some roller rockers), I think everything is close to ready.

My goal was to have the motor in hands by the end of April, but considering his health, I'd suspect we won't have it back until June time frame! :D I'm just glad he is doing OK... The guy is a wealth of knowledge and a super guy!

So we're shooting for 415 WHP on this puppy in a stock bodied Targa C5... I can NOT wait to get my hands on that much power in this car.

Mike :lol:

That is very cool! Would love to go for a ride in that!!!

What are your plans for the other LS1? Z?

Oh yeah, how far is Grand Rapids from where you are, I have an uncle there, and my wife and I might be planning an east coast road trip later this year. Just wondering.

Which Grand Rapids? I'm 60 miles south of Washington DC 3 miles off I-95.

Since I've got a motor for the Z, I'll probably sell the LS1. Although, I may change my mind when all is said and done. I've got a stand alone EFI system for which ever motor I use... And an LS1 Probably weighs 50# less than my 383 stroker. But that stroker is gonna make some KILLER power and Torque. Not to mention the fact that i'll need all the cash I can get my hands on in order to get a Pete Paraska-like paint job! :roll:

Mike :lol:

Which Grand Rapids? I'm 60 miles south of Washington DC 3 miles off I-95.

Since I've got a motor for the Z' date=' I'll probably sell the LS1. Although, I may change my mind when all is said and done. I've got a stand alone EFI system for which ever motor I use... And an LS1 Probably weighs 50# less than my 383 stroker. But that stroker is gonna make some KILLER power and Torque. Not to mention the fact that i'll need all the cash I can get my hands on in order to get a Pete Paraska-like paint job! :roll:

Mike :lol:[/quote']

Just south of DC? Howdy neighbor. Cool. I need someone close by with good LS1 knowledge. I am in Maryland just across the river from VA. I am going to start pulling the L28 this weekend. The LS1 is sitting and waiting for the transplant.

I can't wait for real torque!

GREAT FALLS, Virginia is what I meant, sorry. You can walk to the falls from my uncles house. Really cool little town.

Bill,

I live 5 minutes from Great Falls on the Maryland side. Let me know when you are coming to town.