HybridZ

Another ACT clutch question

BayAreaZT

I'm running the 240mm ACT street disc and heavy duty pressure plate in my turbo 240. I'm might be pulling my motor soon to have it rebuilt since I just scored a complete spare L28ET for $250 :2thumbs: . Does anyone know any alternative pressure plates I can use with the street disc? If I put in a stock turbo pressure plate will that defeat the purpose of using the ACT street disc? I guess I want something not quite as stiff and will allow me to lower the clutch pedel without swapping master or slave cylinders while retaining above stock holding power (I want it all :lol: ). Just looking into possible alternatives since I will be pulling the motor soon.

Guest bastaad525

Okay now I'm really confused. Is it better to have the stronger disk and a stock pressure plate? Or better to have a stock disk and stronger pressure plate??

I ended up opting for the performance PP and stock type disk, as I figure the clamping power really is in the PP... and the ACT 6 puck metallic clutch I was using before chewed everything up pretty bad.

Guest bastaad525

yeah I really want to spread the word to anyone who doesn't know, the ACT or other metallic multi puck clutches REALLY wear into your flywheel and pressure plate...

I dont think I'll ever use another one again... and anyways... I'll be very glad to have a near-stock feeling pedal again and no damn chatter.

yeah I really want to spread the word to anyone who doesn't know, the ACT or other metallic multi puck clutches REALLY wear into your flywheel and pressure plate...

Kind of like running chrome moly rings versus iron rings, trade offs come with everything. So when it wears out, buy another clutch kit with disc and pp and go to the junkyard and get another $20 240mm pathfinder flywheel. Now if you spend big bucks on a lightened flywheel and it gets ate up, that could cause some distress. Let us know how your new clutch setup works out when you get back up and running.

I'm using the stock nissan 2+2 pressure plate and a 6 puck, Spec, ceramic, sprung hub, clutch (stage 3). 12 psi of boost and no problem with slippage so far. However, the chatter kind of sucks but the pedal is soft.

Next time I will try the Spec Kevlar clutch (stage 2, chatter free) with the spec pressure plate.